Movicol is your friend

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Movicol is your friend

Postby c_francis1 » 12 Sep 2014, 09:37

Been using movicol for about 2 months. Just 1 sachet a day. It keeps everything really soft and moving so really easy to pass.
Seems to have done the trick, not had any pain or blood for about a month and I think the skin tag or hemmy is much reduced.
I'm going to stay on the Movicol for a while I think, it's safe to take long term apparently.
Touch wood it's looking good.
c_francis1

Topics: 1

Re: Movicol is your friend

Postby Ever the Optimist » 12 Sep 2014, 10:57

Good luck to you c! Good to hear it's working for you and yes, it's safe to take long-term. Hoping you find yourself in a much better place sometime soon :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Datura » 16 Sep 2014, 00:43

I plan to give it a try soon. Although I took half a sachet last night and am having all kinds of tummy pains today so not sure it's for me. I'm hoping it will help with whatever is causing my pain back there (according to the CRS I saw, nothing is causing the pain but he was pretty uninterested). I'm glad it's working for you :)
Datura
Fibre Addict

Postby c_francis1 » 16 Sep 2014, 14:39

I haven't heard of Movicol causing problems like that but I think for the first few days I used it I had lots of rumblings and wind. I still have that but it's preferable to the alternative. If the stomach pains continue I would see a doctor again.
c_francis1

Postby Datura » 17 Sep 2014, 04:34

Thanks. It's okay. Long long history of IBS. Most anything causes me upset stomach (even taking nothing and pretty much every food imaginable). I think it's the act of going that causes me wind/gas/movement and makes my intestines hurt. I get it from Coloxyl as well (the one without the senna) if I take more than half a tablet. I'll be keeping it on hand and will trial taking it every day (just have a lot on at the moment and don't have time to hover near the toilet). I agree, it's preferable to the pain down there (I get it when things are too soft though too, always a balancing act!)
Datura
Fibre Addict