LIS Hard Stools

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS Hard Stools

Postby Rachael 1984 » 28 Sep 2014, 05:37

Hi Caroline,
I think the painless BM is a good sign and no blood, good sign. My incision is still sore and I'm sure we're on track.... Keep going my friend.... We're in this together..... Sending you hugs.

:smilyhug: :smilyhug: :smilyhug: :Rock:
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Carolineandy1 » 29 Sep 2014, 02:34

Update day 11 post LIS. First BM.unfortunately I had a small amount of pain. :( not entirely sure why, the stool was soft but had some tiny gritty bits in it, perhaps those irritated it on the way out. Yesterday I was sore, but we did some grocery shopping. I was sore at first but the shopping seemed to take my mind off it and I felt good. The afternoon I was fine. I laid in bed for a while reading, but once I got up and started moving around I felt sore again. I laid on the sofa for a bit and the soreness wore off. Later on when I went to turn my bedside lamp off I must have twisted and ouch ouch. Damn! It felt sore right after that. So I can feel how tender it is. So I am thinking it could have been that which caused me discomfort this morning. Second BM about an hour later felt fine.

What shocks and surprises me is the one or two seconds of pain, even if it is slight, the amount of pain it can produce later on it highly disproportionate.

So feeling a bit flat and disappointed now. :cry: :groan:

Ok feeling ouch ouch ouch now. Hurtin' quite a bit, back on the pain killers.

Should I stop with the sitz bath after every BM and shower instead?
Fissure +9 Years
GTN mixed results
LIS 18.9.14
Carolineandy1
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Carolineandy1 » 30 Sep 2014, 04:29

Update day 12 post LIS. 2 pain free BMs today. Still having twinges and soreness.
Fissure +9 Years
GTN mixed results
LIS 18.9.14
Carolineandy1
Salt Bather

Postby Carolineandy1 » 01 Oct 2014, 04:47

Update day 13 post LIS. My first BM was slow moving. I never like slow movers, stool was soft, formed and passed pain free. No soreness at incision site. However I have twinges on my right. That's where the fissure is I think, I don't know, I have no idea about anything anymore. My muscle both yesterday and today is contracting, before a BM as if it wants to keep it in. I don't know why and I don't know how to stop it. No second BM appeared to be forthcoming. I'd slept half the night on the sofa due to my dog not settling, nearly had an accident in the car, got to the bank and found it didn't open until 10 so I had to return home and then broke an ornament whilst cleaning. All the while obsessing about a sluggish bowel, twinges and no second BM. Eventually I resorted to coffee to get things moving. Again contractions in my muscle, BM small, passed with a slight twinge at incision site. One step forward, two back. I give up.
Fissure +9 Years
GTN mixed results
LIS 18.9.14
Carolineandy1
Salt Bather

Postby Carolineandy1 » 02 Oct 2014, 02:15

Update day 14 post LIS. I had a twinge at the incision site before BM however BM pain free, but some soreness mopping up. Second BM pain free but again some soreness. :(
Fissure +9 Years
GTN mixed results
LIS 18.9.14
Carolineandy1
Salt Bather

Postby Rachael 1984 » 02 Oct 2014, 09:50

Hi Caroline, sounds like we are at the same point..... Damn incision site. It will get better. We need to be positive, which is hard when feeling pain! Xxxxxxxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby msimon » 02 Oct 2014, 18:17

Hi Caroline and Rachael. I just wanted to tell you that I just got back from a consult with a second surgeon and this one told me that recovery from the surgery (incision site) is 6 weeks, minimum. This Guy has a reputation for telling it like it is but also for being a very good surgeon, which is why I went to him. My first Doc (and is the same one that caused my fissure) says 2 weeks. I didn't believe him and his nontruthfullness had me looking for another opinion. Anyway, I just wanted to say that it sounds like you two are doing so well, considering what you are going through and I bet your fissures are at least healing up nicely, given the less pain you are reporting upon BMs. I guess more patience and faith with the surgical site is required. I think it is more the exception that people are feeling good before 6 weeks. Hang in there, according to my Doctor it is so worth it in the end (no pun intended) :hugs:
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Carolineandy1 » 03 Oct 2014, 02:51

:thankyou: Msimon thank you so much for your encouraging words of support. I have to remember it still is only 2 weeks since surgery, however I am teased by having a good day and then next I am in pain again. Pretty much as I was pre LIS. I had surgery on the Thursday and my surgeon said I could go back to work on the Monday, even I thought that was a little optimistic no matter on which part of your body the surgery is, but especially on your back side and you have a desk bound job! You did the right thing getting a second opinion. Thank you.
Fissure +9 Years
GTN mixed results
LIS 18.9.14
Carolineandy1
Salt Bather

Postby Carolineandy1 » 03 Oct 2014, 02:53

Update day 15 post LIS. First BM almost pain free. Second BM pain free. Bottom is still feeling sore.
Fissure +9 Years
GTN mixed results
LIS 18.9.14
Carolineandy1
Salt Bather

Postby owmybum » 03 Oct 2014, 03:03

That sounds like really good improvement Carolineandy ....... You are headed in the right direction!!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !