so confused.. :(

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

so confused.. :(

Postby soey » 03 Oct 2014, 11:20

I feel like I've asked 100 questions on this forum during the last few months, and i still have 100 more..
I've had two fissures for almost 8 months now. Or, one is healed, the other one is healing. However, there is something i dont understand. During my last check, my CRS tells me everything seems to be healing nicely, nothing is too tight and so there is no point in having botox. Now, it feels like my bum is so tight i can hardly have a BM!! And if the muscles never were too tight to begin with, how come i had the terrible spasms for weeks when i got my fissure in february!? I'm pretty sure I've had a retear as well.. Because it's sore as hell all day, and it burns like a motherf... after a bm. And theres a hard hemmie-like-thing next to my anus, except it's NOT a hemmie.. and it's tender when i touch it.
I'm so fed up right now, had to call the hospital and cry like a baby on the phone to get a check next week.. I was doing fine, had some good days, but now i can't walk or even stand up for too long before theres this MASSIVE pressure in my anus. Can't control my BM's either, it's way too loose and that might be why it's burning.. Still havent been bleeding for months, so i guess thats a good sign.
I'm sorry for being such a pooper, but I'm about to give up. I've had this problem the past 9 freakin' years, but my GP gave me steroidcream to keep it 'under control'. Would love to keep using it, but my CRS tells me it will probobly make it worse in the end..
I know it's normal to have good and bad days, but this is messing me up mentally. I've been suffering from anxiety/depression for years, and having to stay inside my apartment all day long.. it's messing me up, and i can't seem to see any light in the end of the tunnel right now.
Anyway,i think i was supposed to ask about the burning sensation after a BM.. some days it burns so much i cry, and other days i can't feel anything. could it be as simple as acidic poo?
I'm sorry if my english is shitty, but I'm norwegian and don't have the energy to pick up a dictionary. :nope:
And again, I'm sorry for being such a pooper right now!! :poop:
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 18

Re: so confused.. :(

Postby Sakura1 » 03 Oct 2014, 15:07

Hi soey

Sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment. I feel your pain and have had days where I want to give up. But it does get better and you have to hang in there :)

Stools that are too soft can be aggravating to fissures. It doesn't bother mine but I eat a very specific diet and my bm's probably aren't very acidic. Have you looked at what you are eating? I guess you are taking stool softners and maybe you need to adjust the dosage to get better consistency.

The steroid creams aren't good long term as they can cause thinning of the skin. Have you tried GTN cream? It stops the spasms and isn't a steroid cream.

Never be afraid to kick up hell with your doctors to get them to take you seriously and come on here to rant when it gets you down :)
Sakura1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Apes » 05 Oct 2014, 04:36

Soey, I think you need to take this to the next step. If your current doc is no help go to someone else. If you are still in that much pain you need botox or LIS. No one should have to suffer like this. I know how you feel, in my early days I wanted to end it all, 6-8 hours of pain everyday for months, it breaks a person. See someone who will help.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby soey » 05 Oct 2014, 09:35

I'm going back to the hospital on thursday, going under general anesthesia and hopefully they'll just do the surgery. Because I'm at the point where i don't care if I even wake up after the anasthesia.. My CRS keeps telling me botox/LIS wont do me any good, but i dont believe her. I can FEEL that its too tight back there. Iæm not leaving the hospital this time.. not until they actually do something about it, cause this WONT heal on its own.
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 18