possible fistula

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

possible fistula

Postby jlm1 » 06 Oct 2014, 13:16

Hi,

It started with a fissure in May. I had botox in July and it seems as though the fissure is healed. Then a few weeks ago I had skin tag swell up and when I saw my crs, she said it was an abscess. She drained what she could in office, sent me home with antibiotics that made me sick. This past friday, she did an exam, saw nothing and thought that was the end of this whole thing. But over the weekend, I started seeing drainage and pus. And last night I developed this horrible, uncontrollable itch in the area. It was terrible. And I have been uncomfortable still with the skin tag, hemmie. I saw crs today and the exam hurt a bit....and she saw discharge by the fissure. So she said it could be a fistula. She said I will have to be put under and then she will see what is going on: fix fistula or drain whatever. I knew something wasn't feeling right in that area. I also have a yeast infection, a fungal infection on my rear. She gave me cream for that.
Doctor said that most fistulas related to fissures are superficial and that it's not that complicated of a procedure.
I have been in hell with the fissure pain and am really afraid of the recovery from this procedure. Doctor said I should be ok in about a week. Is that accurate? How painful is this going to be? I have HAD IT with issues in this area. I am terrified of the pain and going to the bathroom after.
I am just waiting now to see when this will happen. Hoping for tomorrow but it's up to hospital. I guess I'll try to go to work tomorrow if it doesn't happen. Since I will have to take off days after the procedure.
I'm so sad.....
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Re: possible fistula

Postby owmybum » 06 Oct 2014, 14:28

I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems. I can't offer any advice on fistulas, but from what I've read on here, the operation isn't too bad pain wise.
Good luck ... And keep us posted

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: possible fistula

Postby Dewlilly » 08 Oct 2014, 21:23

Hi Jim...welcome to the site .. It's a great place for info on fistulas and fissures ... I had a fisutla that was from a drained perianal abscess ... They did a fistulotomy and placed a seton for mine but with the superficial fisutlas usually it just a fistulotomy and ur on ur way ... Mine was a lil deeper and that's why I had the seton put in ...I found the pain from the fisutla was worse then after surgery to fix it ... The first bowel movement after the surgery was terrifying but honestly I had no pain with it ... I know everyone is different but one thing to keep in mind is the only way to get rid of a fistula is surgery .... Not sure if u are doing sitz bAths but they help ALOT with the pain ... Pharmacys usually sell the lil seat u put in the toilet and u soak ur bottom in warm water and I added Epsom salt and it is very soothing ... Keep us updated and check out other people's stories .. It will help :)
Dewlilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?