another update

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

another update

Postby jlm1 » 09 Oct 2014, 10:29

Hi,

I'm posting here because this is where it all started with a fissure in June. Then I got an abscess followed by a fistula. Yesterday I had surgery for the fistula which the doctor said was simple. Last night pain was pretty bad but I have it managed now with painkillers. I'm afraid of constipation though and havent had a bm yet today.
I was upset to be told that the fissure is still there. A few weeks ago, the CRS told me she didn't see it. But yesterday when she was fixing the fistula, she said it was there but 10 times better. I know that's good but I am disappointed.....I guess she couldn't see as well in the office.
I'm so afraid of the botox wearing off and this damn fissure acting up again. Of course, the whole area is swollen, my hemmie is not happy.
Anyone else have this trajectory? How long did you take off of work? I see doctor next Friday. I have no idea what to expect with this recovery. It seems to me that doctors are always saying that you will be better quicker than actual stories I have read about people who had this procedure. Again, mine was fairly simple.....but there is a cut in there and the area is not happy!
Hope this is the end of this and that I really recover now. I was starting to feel good and then I got an abscess and then a fistula. Kinda depressing......
Hope you are all ok and hanging in there and healing :)
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22