Has anyone had experience with these items?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Has anyone had experience with these items?

Postby Deleted User 3869 » 09 Oct 2014, 15:03

Just ordered an AF kit Has anyone had experience with the following:

Anal Tear Essential Oil Blend - 10 ml (1)
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil - 14 fl oz (1)
Ortho MSM 180 count (1)
Ortho Reacted Magnesium - 180 count (1)
Super Salve Plastic Jar - 6 oz (1)

It also come with two trays to make a suppository of essential oils and the coconut oil for nighttime.
And it comes with an enema bag, though i don't think I'll need it as I'm no longer stopped up.
Deleted User 3869

Re: Has anyone had experience with these items?

Postby Artvandelay » 09 Oct 2014, 22:02

I have with the msm, super salve and coconut oil
Artvandelay
Fibre Addict

Postby jlm1 » 09 Oct 2014, 23:19

yes, you got it from womens optimal health clinic or something in Wisconsin? I also bought it. Comes with a book too on 10 days to optimal health. I don't know of that stiff helped but I still take the reacted magnesium (it promotes a certain type of stool) and msm (good for rectal tissue. I found the suppositories to be a little helpful but they were very hard if not impossible to insert. I don't know if the super salve did anything. And I got an infection as my fissure healed. I have no idea if there is any connection to me liberally applying that salve. Probably bot as that is what it was meant for.
I was pretty desperate when I ordered the kit. I do not regret it but it wasn't the miracle cure I thought it would be.
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Deleted User 3869 » 10 Oct 2014, 11:14

Hi Jim, That's precisely where I ordered it from.
It's been shipped. I don't know what's in the essential oil they're sending, or in the salve, but I"ll be interested to see. The reacted magnesium and MSM --I'll have to see how those help. I hope they do. I wonder why they just don't give away suppository forms, rather than the ice cube tray. Anyway, thanks for the warning!

So far, the Diliatezm ointment --ugh..... it's essentially rubbing blood pressure medication on my arse, and I've found it burns. Last night I combined it with Nupercainal and hydrocortisone and avoided placing it on the rectal area, but on the surrounding area. It was fine. You know, I wish the docs would draw a @($& picture to show me where to apply the stuff.

As far as diet, I had a really horrible bout of Shingles this summer, and everything --including my diet went off. Now, I'm eating primarily a vegan diet, though I can't give up bacon! Also, Citrucel 2x a day keeps everything soft.
Deleted User 3869

Postby jlm1 » 10 Oct 2014, 12:07

The salve is comfrey, marshmallow root I think and a few other natural things. I found it soothing but my fissure was/is on the inside. The book is interesting but requires a serious change in eating including raw mail, etc. I haven't been able to incorporate that but it was a good read.
I would rub the coconut suppository around the area until it was small enough to push inside. I too don't get why they didn't make the tray in typical suppository "bullet" form!
I never used Dilt directly. First I was given nitro and that didn't work. Then I was given a compound cream with diltz, hydro and lido. I had botox injections about 3 months ago and my fissure is healing. It's much better, although I unfortunately had other complications.(abscess and fistula)
I still take the msm, magnesium, and I also take garlic, sibu, vitamin b, e, c and probiotic. And 3 stool softeners a day. As far as diet goes I pretty much cut out dairy, aside from a splash of milk in coffee and yogurt. I also cut out all processed foods and most meat. I basically stick to high fiber foods, veggies, chicken/turkey, beans and some fruit. I was having a smoothie every morning with green super food and maca powder with other vitamins and that really helped me get things going.
Good luck to you and hope you are not in too much pain!!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby owmybum » 10 Oct 2014, 13:26

Hi,
What is MSM?? Is it a cream?
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby jlm1 » 10 Oct 2014, 17:29

msm is a pill. a supplement that is supposed to promote tissue repair I think. i have no idea if it really works but I've been taking it for a few months now
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 3869 » 10 Oct 2014, 22:12

Hi Jim, Hi Ow,
Methyl Sulfynl Methane There's a link over here: https://lahey.org/Departments_and_Locat ... kiid=21691
They advocate using it for inflammation, though I don't see any scientific studies yet of it working to heal anal fissures. People advocate for it for conditions such as rosacea, rhumatoid arthritis, and interstitial cystitis. But if it works for someone with AF, great! I really hope more studies are done on healing Anal Fissures.

How about Avenoc by Boiron? Anyone?
Deleted User 3869

Postby Deleted User 3869 » 12 Oct 2014, 06:04

Okay, the kit came today.
I'm up in the air about the enema. I'm having regular bowel movements, and I really don't want to make anything worse. If I were constipated it'd be one thing, but I'm not.

I made the coconut oil/and essential oil suppository. Really easy. I used one, and I must say, the coconut oil was pretty fantastic.
The salve -yes, that's good too, but I do worry about the irritation of having run through so many products as of late. My skin is inflamed, irritated, so I'm just going to hold back for a bit, and go with the coconut oil.

I've also added the MSM and Magnesium to my accoutrement. Jim, which stool softeners are you taking? And are you also taking a Citrucel or Metamucil as well?

The problem now is staying out of pain long enough to sleep a long time.
Deleted User 3869

Postby jlm1 » 12 Oct 2014, 10:47

Glad the coconut oil is helping. I also eat a spoonful of it or out on food. Aloe vera juice is also very good for insides. I put a few ounces in prune juice every day.
I use colace 3 times a day along with 500 mg of magnesium. I don't know if this is overkill but I'd rather have soft bms than the other! I do not use anything else. I watch my diet carefully, like I said prune juice helps a lot and there are certain foods that I have found promote nice bms. (zuchinni, escarole, spinach, eggplant, sweet potato)
I found mirolax to be very explosive. If I was worried about constipation, I would probably go for milk of magnesia.
Keep us posted :)
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist