Howdy/Help!

over the counter options?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Howdy/Help!

Postby JTN » 21 Oct 2014, 16:37

Howdy there-
Glad there is a forum for this because I'm pretty sure my boyfriend is getting sick of hearing me whine about it! Plus, all sorts of embarrassing. I'm 34 and this is the second time I've had an AF. First time was about 8 years ago and the only reason I can think that it happened was from emotional stress. It healed fairly quickly after my doctor prescribed something (forget what it was called now).

I noticed the AF came back to haunt me a couple months ago but it went away quickly on it's own. Not so much this time. Going on 2 weeks now and I'm at my breaking point. Intense pain that makes me cry, plus a fair amount of blood. Great fun.

I'm vegan (have been for almost 20 years) so fiber intake is definitely not a problem - if anything, I get too much. I work out hard 4-5 days a week and drink plenty of water. So again, this time around, the only thing I can think of is stress (difficult time right now).

Unfortunately, I do not have health insurance at the moment so I am avoiding a trip to the doctor. I thought I'd get lucky and it would go away on it's own again, but I can't really physically (or emotionally) handle this anymore. I talked to a nurse friend who recommended Anusal HC and Americane ointment , along with witch hazel wipes. I haven't picked them up yet, but was wondering if anyone has had luck with these? They are all over the counter, so I am willing to give them a go.

I called my old doctor to see if she could call in a prescription without seeing me. No can do, but she said I could try Preparation H (i know it's technically for hemmroids ?)

Or any other recommendations on over the counter stuff?

Thanks so so much for any words of wisdom or advice - desperately need it. I'm going crazy.
JTN

Topics: 1

Re: Howdy/Help!

Postby Savaici » 21 Oct 2014, 17:21

Welcome!! Sorry you have to be here!!!

My suggestions:

Sitz Bath from Rite Aid (godsend for sore arses)
Only take the right amount of fibre for your sex/weight.
Drink lots of water (you probably do that already)
Use Vaseline on outside of your anus, and inside to ease going to the toilet (never did that myself but others here have)
Olive oil, in food, one tablespoon full every day.

You really - if you can - need to get something from the doctor, and sooner rather than later. Easier to heal when the fissure does not become chronic. Prep H is useless. Hate to say it, but just make the dr wait for the payment.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby PainedSA » 21 Oct 2014, 17:42

I just want to add - I wasn't doing the Vaseline as I thought the cream I was smothering was doing a good lubrication job - I used Vaseline for the first time yesterday and it was a completely different experience. Still obviously tore and was in heaps of pain but was just that little bit easier to move along. It's the little victories!

Try the OTC stuff but do go see a doc if it doesn't clear up soon!
PainedSA
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby JTN » 22 Oct 2014, 09:59

Thanks, guys! I won't try the Prep H - thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a week or so with the OTC stuff and if no improvement, break down and go to the doctor :(
JTN

Postby proudmama25 » 22 Oct 2014, 19:16

Coconut oil and also I am using Carlson E suppositories. I find that lubricates the inside and it is supposed to be healing as it has coconut oil and Vitamin E in it.
proudmama25
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby JTN » 28 Oct 2014, 18:21

Well- I finally couldn't handle the pain anymore and threw down hundreds of bucks to go talk to a doc I don't know about my bunghole issues. Always fun. She said though it was an internal hemorrhoid . I now have a prescrip. for painkillers and a suppository .

HUGE problem though - I cannot use the suppositories. Out of pain, general discomfort and weirdness, etc. I guess. I gave myself an actual full -fledged panic attack trying to get those things in. To no avail.

Maybe I'm the only one who has an issue with this, but I just cannot physically do it. Any words of wisdom or advice? I tried whiskey and wine- even those didn't help :(
JTN

Postby mmklinemm » 28 Oct 2014, 19:48

Maybe try the painkillers first to relax you. Then, use some olive or coconut oil to help insert the suppository. Good luck!
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13