New Member. Hello.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New Member. Hello.

Postby AnonymousAnus » 30 Oct 2014, 16:34

Hello. I am a 27yo male working in education. I was diagnosed with an anal fissure in May after going to the doctor complaining of smelly mucus discharge. She gave me some creme (proctosol) and said if it doesn't improve, to come back in for surgery. Sometimes it will go away but usually my ass is so itchy after BM, I can't resist scratching my anus to oblivion. Currently I've been calling in sick the last few days because the leakage is so bad.

My theory is I have Pinworms, causing the scratching, which is causing hemmeroids and fissures from the trauma. I took an OTC pinworm medication yesterday so hopefully the itching will stop and I will be able to heal. I have also taken to squatting over the toilet instead of sitting, and also I've been avoiding caffeine and drinking lots of water and taking stool softeners. Also I've been taking periodic warm baths.

It's been a couple days since I've really scratched my rectum while wiping. Hopefully the pinworm theory is correct and I will be back to normal soon. The mucus discharge is the most embarrassing part. Sometimes it's smelly and sometimes it's not, but it's always enough to leak through my underwear and be visible on my pants. I don't want to start wearing a diaper! I'm afraid of surgery! Glad I found this forum and I'll keep you updated.
AnonymousAnus
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: New Member. Hello.

Postby Scientist2516 » 30 Oct 2014, 23:07

Hi AnonymousAnus,
welcome to the forum! Sorry you are suffering. Itches are the worst, sometimes. I would almost rather have pain, I think.
Anyway, it sounds as though you are doing the right things, with the water and stool softeners.

I don't know anything about pinworms, but it certainly sounds as though something is really irritating you. Consider seeing a dermatologist? They know a lot about allergies and skin infections, and may be able to help you identify what's causing the itch.

The technical name for what you have is pruritis ani (this just means itchy anus, but it may help you as a search term for finding out more). Is there any special reason you are thinking of pinworms?
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Scientist2516 » 04 Nov 2014, 18:09

A further note - I had "pruritis ani" myself last summer. Again, it just means "itchy anus", and the name doesn't tell you anything about what's causing it. If you google it, you'll see a number of different causes. Mine was caused by an allergy.

I was convinced my anus was leaking. Liquid was coming out of the area and soaking my underwear, and I thought it was coming from inside my anus. I was wrong. It was the irritation of the skin of my bottom that was causing the liquid, and the liquid was seeping out of my skin. NOT the inside. The liquid irritated the whole area and drove me to scratch and scratch.

The fissure had nothing to do with the itch or the liquid. I cleared up the itch by stopping the cream that I was allergic to. After three days of not using the cream I was better, stopped itching, stopped seeping liquid.

I really think that to get to the bottom of this (ha!) you need to see a dermatologist. My CRS had no idea. He said to keep using the cream.

Again - why do you think you have pinworms? It could be that, but I'm interested to know if there's any particular reason.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby AnonymousAnus » 05 Nov 2014, 11:50

I assumed pinworms because I work with little kids. But I don't think that's it now. I'm still itchy after every BM. I don't know where the liquid is coming from but it smells awful and it's constant. I'm wearing a maxi pad right now and I'm a man.
AnonymousAnus
Fibre Addict

Postby AnonymousAnus » 05 Nov 2014, 11:53

The skin is definitely irritated down there. I have a severe "diaper rash".
AnonymousAnus
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 05 Nov 2014, 13:48

Wrote this on your other post:

If you are experiencing mucus and terrible itching it sounds like you possibly have a fungal infection, but just at a guess. You need to see someone who can test for this, either your GP or a dermatologist. If you have been diagnosed with a fissure, then see a CRS (Colon and Rectal Surgeon). They are the best to make the diagnosis for a fissure.

And a bit extra -

"Fungal infections, similar to thrush or athlete’s foot, are another common cause. Fungi love warm, damp and damaged skin, so if you have an itchy anus for any reason and then damage the skin by scratching, fungi can take hold and make it worse."

Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby AnonymousAnus » 05 Nov 2014, 17:46

You nailed it. Dermatologist said it was a serious yeast infection. She said she didn't even see a fissure. Thanks.
AnonymousAnus
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 05 Nov 2014, 21:38

You are very welcome! Glad that you should be able to sort it out now.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222