Hello - this is my story

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello - this is my story

Postby MyJourney » 04 Nov 2014, 14:23

Hi there
Since finding this forum exists it has aided me with so much valuable information and support to just know that I am not alone even though it feels that way very much a lot of the time.
Im not big on introductions and as were all here for one reason related then I am just going to tell my story as it is and hope that I receive some much needed reassurance and advice along the way.
I have suffered from anal fissure for far too long over period of 26 years since my first son was born. Yep I know stupidity but very personal and private for me and thus managed as well as could do. Appprox 7 years ago I was told by gp that it was a fissure but that I had left it for so long it was what they call a chronic fissure and that nothing could be done other than here is a life long prescription of Movicol !!! It helped but pain over past year has got worse and for the first time I have had to take time off work to deal with the pain as no way could I walk - that bad !! Another visit to a new gp and yes something can be done so last Monday I had surgery. Botox and sentinel pile removed and biopsy. After day surgery things seemed ok till the next day when all hell broke loose the pain unbelievable and in hindsight I should have prepared by bowel in advance of op as I was constipated and my first bm was horrendous on day 2. This I ensured wouldn't happen again and started to take movicol , fybogel and drink plenty of fluids. day 3 results of chronic diarrheoa all day and still very painful all the time , ibroprofen and paracetamol doing nothing and I was developing side effects to the antibiotic given. A rash and swollen eye nothing in comparision to pain but also it was poss the diarrheoa was part of the side effects , so doc changed it to amoxoclave (or similar) and it made me feel very sick and headaches so it was fast becoming a catch 22 , needed to eat but couldn't and as one dose wore off it was time to take the next so I barely ate for 48 hours when I decided time to stop them. Also given tramcet for the pain, useless . So back to the gp again to be told wound healing and no more antibiotics required , PHEW. and to try Naproxen for the pain. Now its Tuesday ive had one day reprieve yesterday as no bm and things calmed down , I still have no control of when my bowels open , its getting me down the pain is still pretty bad most of the time. Im eating a healthy diet and trying to drink plenty . Im diabetic type 2 . I have been signed off for 2 weeks meant to be back this coming Monday but I don't see that happening. Finally for now is it normal to still pass blood small amount when passing wind at this stage.
MyJourney
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Hello - this is my story

Postby Savaici » 04 Nov 2014, 18:13

First, my journey, I would say do not worry about passing blood. I pass blood quite often and so do many. Only if it's gushing out do you need to worry.

Sorry you are in such pain after all the surgery, but sadly it's not uncommon. I have not had what you have, but have had hemorrhoid surgeries so know what a pain-in-the-arss feels like :affraid:

If you have been reading about the surgeries that you have had on here, concentrate on the positive ones...the ones who have moved on after healing and are getting on with the rest of their lives, and they are by far in the majority. You have your fissure for a long time, so that might be the reason all is taking time to heal. But, it will get better.

I suggest a Sitz bath, if you don't already have one, which fits over the loo. It has been a miracle for less pain for me. Apart from that, I wish you healing very soon. :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Hello - this is my story

Postby MyJourney » 04 Nov 2014, 19:35

Thank you so so much its good to stay positive and receive positive feedback. I was hoping to go back to work after being signed off for 2 weeks but I fear sadly not till I get control and pain free bm back to normaility. (well whatever that is) Where can I get a sitz bath from I have read about them here but not sure what one is ??? Its so hard to discuss and I don't really want to share all this with many people so its reassuring that I can speak to friendly caring people here that actually understand from experience , Many thanks for your kind word xx
MyJourney
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1