Hello to everyone, heres my story.

Introducing myself and my (hi)story

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello to everyone, heres my story.

Postby KaiserWtheII » 26 May 2022, 13:41

Hello to all of you out there,

I‘m 31 years old, and have been dealing with, what I have now come to believe, after a „full circle“ (I‘ll explain), being the long term „effects“ of about 3-4 pretty bad, and especially long ongoing (because I didn't think right early enough) anal fissures.

It all started about, having to guess pretty much 2-3 years ago. I have to mention that a big part in all of this, was a dependence, or better call it addiction to „Kratom“. A south asian herb that has similar effects as opioid prescription medication. I wont go into more detail, just know that you can get literally rock solid constipation, hard and sharp enough to easily cut mucus lining tissue.

Fast forward to when I realized that I had a fissure, which would have been around a year and a half ago (at that point I mist have easily already been bleeding for about 6 months). I started with topical creams, and dilation, which eventually got the bleeding under control, and healed the fissure. Theres a great german medical product, called the „analfissur stift“, made of teflon, that you can „wear“ during the night, for accute fissures. It puts gentle pressure on the internal sphincter, and thereby releases tension. I can post a link for anyone interested.

So, to end the wall of text, in the near past of about 6 months I have been having problems even passing gas, and therefore have heaps of trouble with being blown up like a balloon. I‘ve been as far as thinking my stomach is out of whack. Getting a gastroscopy, and all. Then I though I had a colon prolapse, because I just could not find an answer to what I am experiencing.

Fast forward again, to the here and now, and I just had the realization, that all my problems, passing a BM in one session, the blown up feeling, the low back pain, the numb feet I sometimes get, have all still got to do with my rocksolid internal sphincter.

I have now made the plan to religiously dilate, and use heat whenever possible. I can remember dilation to helping a lot, since I see the sphincter as what it is now, a muscle, that can become hypertrophic, and can therefore also be „trained“ again.

Anyways, thanks for reading this super long introduction.
KaiserWtheII

Topics: 1

Re: Hello to everyone, heres my story.

Postby Girraphne » 13 Aug 2022, 17:52

Hello, I am interested in the link for the dilator as well as any tips on how to actually use it. I’ve been searching online for solutions and I just feel like i need step by step directions- mostly out of fear and anxiety that I will do something to make this worse. My sphincter is so tight that I can’t pass gas without pushing and we all know that pushing is a no-no.
Jan 2022 - fissure diagnosed, dr said it looked like it was superficial and almost healed.
July 2022- got constipated while traveling, retear.
Working on a diet and bathroom regimen to help healing. Using nifedipine/lidocaine cream and a&d ointment.
Girraphne
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1