9 days post op LIS went great, but tags are a problem

Rash/discharge/weeping = Pain

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

9 days post op LIS went great, but tags are a problem

Postby Chrissybabe » 11 Dec 2014, 04:39

So I had a hysterectomy, rectocele,sphinchtorotomy and 3 anal tags removed Dec.2/14 everything's cool except the anal tags, they are swollen,I have a huge rash from the constraint discharge from ? The LIS. Anal tags. Or from hysterectomy, regardless how do you keep it dry? What can I use for a rash so bad it's weeping blood? It's stinging, I can't see stitches in the anus but seems like 1 side "blew a stitch" and is hanging down. Bright red bleeding and green/yellow discharge when I put a pad In half and touch my butt and look at it. So infected or what? Do we just go to the emerg of the hospital we had surgery at? Ugghhhh! Defienetly in more pain than day 1-5.
Any advice? Thx!!
LIS and tag removal on dec 2-2014
Creams didn't work
Diagnosed 2012
Suffering since 2000
Chrissybabe

Topics: 2

Re: 9 days post op LIS went great, but tags are a problem

Postby Savaici » 14 Dec 2014, 13:57

Welcome to the forum. What I suggest is that you either see/tell the surgeon who did the surgery what the situation is now, or take yourself to the ER to have it checked out. Could very well be an infection and better to have it seen sooner than later.

Sorry could not be of more help!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Chrissybabe » 06 Jan 2015, 17:18

I ended up going to the ER and received antibiotics and pain meds for infection. Then I got another infection. And now at 5 weeks, the removed tag seems like a huge new tag and more green and yellow with pain today. So, although the LIS went amazing, the anal tag part is a real challenge. So I guess back to the dr for the 3rd round of antibiotics, I did see the surgeon on day 14, he said it looked fine, and see him in a month.. Which is in a week, but I will call ASAP!
LIS and tag removal on dec 2-2014
Creams didn't work
Diagnosed 2012
Suffering since 2000
Chrissybabe

Topics: 2

Postby Savaici » 06 Jan 2015, 21:48

Ahhhhh!!! So sorry it's not going well. Hope you'll feel much better soon.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?