LIS has worked great until now (3weeks after)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS has worked great until now (3weeks after)

Postby Duiven » 26 Feb 2018, 23:37

Heeey my anal fissure sufferers, I have been battling with this problem since almost 1 year ago and just 3 weeks ago I decided to undergo the LIS surgery.

I think I have read much more negative stories about the procedure than positive ones. Probably there is some bias in the forum cause it's more likely someone comes to give vent to their misfortunes in here...

I had a skin tag removal on the posterior side plus LIS surgery. I had local anesthesia. Yes, the first days were tough, especially the first 6 or 7, but pan and bleeding were slowly fading away. I could stop taking painkillers after the 6th day and blood stopped at 12th day. Right now I don't have almost any pain and I can walk and do almost all activities (not heavy exercise or lifting of course). Until now I can say I took a good decision going for the surgery, time will be the final judge.

As you might know, the psychological consequences are a difficult side effect as well, being worried about all you eat, and the frightening moments in the toilet etc, but It is slowly getting better.

I hope all of you that have the possibilities and good prognosis for a LIS surgery take the step to go for it :o

NB: Wounds have not healed completely of course and my CRS said it takes around 4 or 6 weeks for the external anus skin to recover completely
Duiven
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: LIS has worked great until now (3weeks after)

Postby Mypoorbutt » 27 Feb 2018, 02:27

Hi, yes I agree you are more likely to get the more complicated cases on a forum.
But from a complicated case like myself I’m still 100% happy I had LIS and would highly recommend it to anyone out there suffering with the horrendous spasms associated with a fissure.
Most cases like 97% are a total success with spasms gone in the first week or so.
I’m sure you will be another success story with a smooth healing journey
Look forward to hearing it
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20