Fat in the diet is very important for skin healing

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Fat in the diet is very important for skin healing

Postby clementine » 23 Dec 2014, 10:33

Hello guys
Thank you for all your ideas and tips.
I just want to add that it is very very important to add some fat in the diet so your skin can get less dry and more greasy, since I think that dryness of skin was one of the causes of my AF.
The worst part of my AF was the constant burning, it was killing me, I felt so miserable. One doctor told me that I had a lot of skin dryness, which was causing the horrible burning. I tried all kinds of creams but nothing worked. One day I found an article at the internet about low fat diets and dry skin, and I thought that maybe that was my problem, I´m very skinny. so I started to change my low fat milk for whole milk, and it was wow!!! it was a life saver!!! I have to say that whole milk really slows down my digestion a little bit but, if you have enough fiber in your diet, it is not a problem. I also add real butter, and I have to tell you the burning disappeared!!!! I some times still get some blood in the toilet paper but no more burning for me, its awesome!!! its almost a miracle, I tried to eat some bacon but it did cause me some constipation, so, I just stay on whole milk and butter. I still have 1/2 miralax and 2 tbs of metamucil daily, since I have sugar issues I don't eat fruit so I had to add metamucil. and lots of veggies.this is my diet:

breakfast:
1 big glass of whole milk with coffee, one egg and two whole wheat breads with real butter
1 glass of metamucil
1/2 miralax

snack
3 prunes

lunch
protein( chicken fish or beef), carbs (rice, potato or pasta), and big salad
fruit juice made of : papaya strawberry and pineapple

dinner
big salad, or sandwich with little ham and lots of veggies and a big glass of whole milk
metamucil

So I hope it works for you as it worked for me, sorry about my english I live in Mexico. so good luck!
clementine

Topics: 1

Re: Fat in the diet is very important for skin healing

Postby Scientist2516 » 23 Dec 2014, 18:16

Dear Clementine,
thank you very much for sharing your story. I hope it helps somebody! I agree that natural fats are important, and fat-free diets are misguided.
I'm really glad you are better.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16