Feeling better what should I do

Almost healed??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Feeling better what should I do

Postby danelee » 27 Dec 2014, 15:57

AF FOR about 6 weeks with tag, taking hydrocortisone and Clotizamole. I am better not the pain I used to have , but about 7 days ago had hard stool and blood, now I am on mirlax and eating more fiber, My question is after a BM, there is no pain just a pinch but about 30 minutes later spasms start, with a pain at about 1-2 out of 10 , then it goes away... my question is I feel like I am close to getting this healed, I don't do my sitz bath on a regular basis or even put my medicine on, I am thinking this will eventually go away cause my stools are soft and getting better,..

1) Should be be doing my Sitz bath 2 times a day
2) Apply medicine every day??

I am doing none of that, Its frustrating cause the spasms are still there not VERY painful but I feel them
danelee

Topics: 2

Re: Feeling better what should I do

Postby Scientist2516 » 29 Dec 2014, 00:22

Hi danelee,
Why did you stop your treatments if you are still having pain? If the pain bothers you at all, I would use your medicine and the sitz baths as your doc recommended. Your fissure may go away, but you really want this to heal and stay away for good. You don't want to partly heal only to tear open again at the next hard stool.
That said, it's not good to take use hydrocortisone long term. When you finish your course, if you are still having spasms, ask your doc for nifedipine, diltiazem or nitroglycerol.
But do keep up the sitz baths if they are helping you. If it's hard for you to find time for them, try a warm hot water bottle. That's very soothing too and helps your muscles relax.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Re: Feeling better what should I do

Postby danelee » 30 Dec 2014, 18:47

Thank you for your input, I don't feel like Hydrocortisone is helping much especially after reading this forum. I had a Bm today Large Amounts due to mirlax, felt the pinch but no pain while I go, took a sitz bath and then rest of the day waiting for the pain to come but never came, just pinch and uncomfortable feeling, but nothing like any Pain, but I can feel the fissure,, and its not a natural way to feel like this so I may try to ask the doctors for some different medicine, btw its been about 6 weeks, I should be patient? And from my understanding less pain/spasms, and no blood is a good sign
danelee

Topics: 2