LIS for Fissure and Banding

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: LIS for Fissure and Banding

Postby sotiredofthis » 08 Oct 2014, 11:35

Same problem for me Roids. Only I have unfortunately re-torn 4 times. Done with this whole mess.
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby mmklinemm » 09 Oct 2014, 08:41

Roidsfizzman wrote:I continue to have issues with hard stools. The starting tip of the stool will get hard and cause the discomfort. The only thing I have found to prevent the hard stool is two BM's a day that are spaced out, but I can not always get two BMs, so I am exposed to the hard tip when I have one BM a day.

That stinks that is still plaguing you! Won't it be nice to go out and eat a meal without worry someday? I know you've been dealing with this a long time and have probably tried everything. Do you take a magnesium citrate supplement? I noticed an immediate change in stool consistency when I added it. I'm 125# and take 150mg twice a day. I think 500mg vitamin C really helps, too.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby Roidsfizzman » 09 Oct 2014, 09:42

Hi Rachael,
It looks like butt care (stool softener, diet, water, baths) is going to be a way of life for me that I will happily accept as long as I do not re-tear.
STOT, you have had more than your share of problems post LIS and it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about your situation. I hope you can get to a place in your life without fissure pain.
MM, I tried the magnesium citrate supplement and it gives me the runs. I never tied vitamin C, so I will give it a try. I wish you the best on your upcoming LIS.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Rachael 1984 » 09 Oct 2014, 10:12

Hi Roids,
Good news you haven't re-torn. I think you're still healing, so everything is still tender and I remember that some people have taken up to six months to feel fully better.... I know it's a long recovery but I think everyone is different.

I had stinging today at my incision, so feeling like there was damage done to it... No hard stool though.... It was too soft and sludgy, so I'm battling to get the Movicol adjusted to make the stool firmer but still soft. Did you feel at 3 weeks post op there was still pain and stinging at the incision? I'm sure looking back through the posts you did? I feel some days like I haven't got any further with the incision and some days it feels awful! X
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby sotiredofthis » 09 Oct 2014, 10:19

Thanks, Roids. Just getting through each day. I have an appointment on the 22nd to go over my next step. Originally I was told I needed some scar tissue removed that is pulling since surgery. It makes sense as the CRS was able to pinpoint the exact spot. I nearly jumped off the table!!! Now with what feels like re-tearing, I don't know what she'll say.

Rachel, my incision still hurt at 3 weeks. It did heal though. It just took a while.
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby Roidsfizzman » 16 Jan 2015, 11:47

It has been 8 1/2 months since my LIS and banding. Most of my weeks are without issue. If I have a hard stool, I still will get some discomfort. I had been a regular user of MiraLax for over two years. I found it difficult to stop using MiraLax because my BM's would not be regular and my stools would get hard. Here is what I did to get off of stool softeners: The first thing that I did was to reduce the dosage of MiraLax as I was using 1 1/4 full dose per day. I went to a full dose a day for about 3 weeks, then to 3/4 dose for about 3 weeks. Next, I stopped taking MiraLax and went to one Colace per day for about 2 months and then I stopped taking Colace and started taking one pill of 250mg of Magnesium per day. Today, I am still on the fissure diet with lots of water and take one magnesium per day. If I do have a hard stool with discomfort, I will take one dose of MiraLax until things calm down.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4