Fistulotomy

Bleeding after 7 weeks?

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Fistulotomy

Postby MaudDib » 31 Jan 2015, 05:58

I was told it would take 4 to 6 weeks for the fistulotomy to heal. It's been past the full 6 weeks, and it doesn't seem to be healing at all. Still every time after I poop there is blood on the toilet paper when I wipe.

One thing that happened was I got very constipated after the surgery because of pain medications. I ended up passing a bm that was absolutely huge, like the size of fist. I saw my doctor a week after that and he just said that I learned my lesson and to make sure to take stool softener, but didn't seem worried I damaged myself.

I'm a 23 year old male and it seems like I ought to be healthy and heal quickly. I take multiple baths a day. I've lost 12 lbs of muscle waiting for this to heal and am going crazy not being able to exercise/practice.

Has anyone experienced longer healing times for their fistulotomy? It seems I'm making no progress, has anyone else experienced something similar and then began to heal quickly?
MaudDib

Topics: 1

Re: Fistulotomy

Postby msimon » 01 Feb 2015, 04:16

I can see why you would be concerned MaudDib. When is the last time your saw your Doctor? Do you have pain with the blood? I don't know much about fistulas, yet. I am going to be examined on Feb.6 for post LIS recurring infection which will also look for a fistula. I would definitely want to talk to my Doctor though if I were you. or maybe get a second opinion.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Re: Fistulotomy

Postby richibeno » 01 Feb 2015, 06:03

Hi mauddib
I would stop using toilet paper go for a soft wet wipe
I always jump in a shower after a bm to try to be as clean as poss down there
If you are having a lot of blood loss or pain I would see a doctor soon
But these things do take a long while to be healed '
May be not back to normal for 2 years
Keep you meals soft lots of water
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?