Here again

I need help again.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Here again

Postby Loops » 20 Feb 2015, 02:19

My doc prescribed me bulk forming fibre drinks over a year ago when my fissures were particularly troublesome... but they did not agree with me at all and made me very constipated & in lots of pain.
Found out this is because i have IBS & my body cannot tolerate wholegrain wheat.
What i found has really helped is eating lots and lots of oats!! Lots of fibre & my body doesnt mind oats. I say oats & drinking lots of water might be worth a try if you arent doing so well on the fibre drinks
Loops
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby clare055 » 20 Feb 2015, 12:18

Some people told me to take oatmeal, prunes, etc. But I... Well... I never tasted oatmeal before hehe there I said it.
I wanted to try though.

In the other note, it was fine the few months before I switched to Metamucil. My body is slow in getting used (like it too me 2 weeks to a month to for my stool to improve). My problem now is my stool is big but not soft enough for my fissure to not bleed (but not to the point of diarrhea though, that is worse)
clare055
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby boodles » 23 Feb 2015, 22:20

I used to try to eat so much fiber, including All Bran, powdered fiber, etc. no matter what I did I always had trouble off and on, of having bleeding and not going to the bathroom. For about two years the pain was almost a daily-or whenever my body decided to go-thing. Finally I found a doctor who told me I needed a surgery for a fissure (because other doctors just said I had a hemorrhoid and kept prescribing more fiber.) It cost about a thousand dollars here in Mexico, where I live.
Since my surgery almost three years ago I have rarely had any problems, but I have found that probiotics, like Yakult, have helped my system work better. Before, no matter what I did, I always had constipation-but I wish I would have tried liquid probiotics anyway.
Hope you find the things that help you!
boodles
Fibre Addict

Postby clare055 » 24 Feb 2015, 11:03

I kinda had fear going under the knife and the doctors had told me that fissures came back even after surgery, I know it depends on how you take care of your body but yeah. Also, operations is very expensive here as well. I'm currently jobless so it's least likely in my options.

I forgot about the Yakult one! I saw many topics that yogurt works as well. But I don't like yogurt XD The first doctor I had prescribed me a medicine for hemorrhoid before I went to the second one and really tested me and said I had a fissure. She told me to take fiber, drink a lot of water, take laxatives (which I stopped when my stool improved), vegetables or soft food, avoid spicy and drinking softdrinks, junk food, coffee (I used to drink soft drinks but I rarely do it now XD).

The only positive I can think of here is I'm more conscious to my health than before. But really, it sucks having a condition relating to rectal D: Literal pain in the ass XD I'm sorry
clare055
Fibre Addict

Postby boodles » 24 Feb 2015, 13:13

I've never heard of anyone who didn't like yogurt! I'll eat yours for you. :) Well, at least Yakult is just a sugary little drink.

I think the problems and recurrence depends on what are the factors that cause the problems. Perhaps the digestive tract doesn't digest well due to lack of good bacteria so pro-biotics can help. Or maybe the tight sphincter causes issues with the colon which in turn affects the stools, which in turn affect the sphincter and rectal area by stretching and cutting, etc. I really don't know, but it's good if you are more health conscious, but I hope you will be rewarded by having good health!
boodles
Fibre Addict

Postby clare055 » 25 Feb 2015, 09:19

I love Yakult, I should drink it more often. I want to try the oatmeal suggestion as well (as I never had one haha) As much as I wanted to eat yogurt, it doesn't sit well to me XD

I have a sensitive stomach. (It hates the cold a lot XD). I'm always amazed in the fact that when I poop, I felt its soft but when I see, my stool is big XD I feel I did a good job in that. In the other side, I fear the blood when I saw it before having my first check up to the doctor.

Because of the fissure I got more health conscious, because if I still continue my habits and this AND got UTI, I'm so screwed haha I started to drink water and avoid soft drinks after. My family knew even when I was a kid I had constipation already so it's like time will tell I will have rectal condition haha
clare055
Fibre Addict

Postby Panda09 » 01 Mar 2015, 05:50

You may go for PEG 3350 along with your fiber. It's saved me a lot of trouble. It can help you achieve softer stools. I also noticed your intake of water is less - go for half a gallon per day. Another thing to try could be the oils - Olive oil and coconut oil can be taken 2x a day and work well. Also take some flaxseed oil off and on.
Panda09
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby clare055 » 03 Mar 2015, 01:34

I had a Dulphalac laxative, I only drink it when I'm not pooping for 3 days (I usually poop in every second day which is a big improvement to me)

I'm really trying to drink more fluids, I just don't like the taste of water much. It's kinda hard especially when you're out for the day. I kinda don't have access to flaxseeds here in my country as someone suggested it to me already.
clare055
Fibre Addict

Postby Panda09 » 03 Mar 2015, 13:57

Ok. Try the oils then. Which country is it that doesn't have flaxseeds? They are neither expensive nor rare. Dulphalac is good. If you don't like water then fruit juice could be a good option too.
Panda09
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1