Hi there :-)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi there :-)

Postby momof3beauties » 08 Mar 2015, 19:27

Hi all, well I'm new because I'm new to anal fissures too :-/ my problem started about a month ago when I got a knife like pain in my rectum when I had some bad constipation. Long story short, I'm a wreck! I have had 3 different rectal exams and an Anascope done (I was convinced is something way more serious) and according to my CRS my fissure is healing nicely but I'm still in pain! My tailbone also seems to really bother me too.....is this normal for a fissure to cause all this agony!
momof3beauties
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Hi there :-)

Postby PainedSA » 08 Mar 2015, 23:21

Hi momof3,

Sorry you've had to find us here :( I am glad you have been to the CRS. Good news that it's healing nicely - and yes sadly you will be in pain for a while until it heals... they take AGES to heal :( I hope you can get it managed though so that it can heal well.

In the meantime you can find things to sooth and help the pain. Have you been given any ointments to help the process? You can use heat pads, sitz baths or full baths to sooth the pain. I swear by ibuprofen too (but it may be placebo but i don't mind!), you can get numbing creams over the counter too (but be careful as some of these you can have a reaction with if you use too long), Managing your diet so you do not have hard stools is the number one tip. I try to include olive oil in EVERYTHING i cook as it helps too.

Please be careful of just upping your fibre as this can make EVERYTHING worse. I made this mistake and paid for it in the end!

Not sure about the tailbone thing, but I guess maybe it depends on where your fissure is?
PainedSA
Salt Bather

Postby momof3beauties » 08 Mar 2015, 23:45

Thank you so much for your reply, I have definitely been watching what I eat (I've never been this crazy about my diet) and actually I'm doing benafiber every night before bed and that seems to be helping. As far as creams she didn't give me any (sigh) so I will call tomorrow and ask for some. I will also try the baths, it's just frustrating because I was doing better and then I had a 4 hour car ride and that just made everything worse....ugh!!!
momof3beauties
Fibre Addict

Postby PainedSA » 09 Mar 2015, 07:50

Haha Yep we get a bit obsessed with the diet and it sort of takes over your life! Yes I would definitely get some ointment - there are quite a few that should benefit you, if you search around the forums you can find out some more info about them ;)

Car rides are not helpful I got to the point I was in hysterics driving 20 mins!
PainedSA
Salt Bather