Some good news and some help needed

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Some good news and some help needed

Postby Asore Arseagain2 » 26 Feb 2015, 05:22

Hi All,

So it was November that i had my cutting seton removed. The cutting seton seems to have worked in terms of clearing up my fistula, however, it caused another fissure! Yikes! But i have just seen my GP this morning and apparently my fissure has gone - hoorah! I used anoheal for the last 3 months, and since ive had so many surgical procedures before in the area my surgeons said they thought i should heal up ok since so many procedures have made me looser (to the point that they wont do any more for me on the surgical front because of risk of incontinence). Anyway so its all good news........apart from, i still feel a degree of pain every day on a scale of 1-10 (10 being unbearable pain), i feel about 3/4 daily pain, and need to hope in the bath after a bowel movement. The GP said he could see a hemmorhoid, i havent had these before, so maybe this is the cause of the ongoing daily pain? Or i am wondering if scar tissue causes pain? My Gp said he could see inflamation around the scar tissue. Please can i have some tips/ advice about what to do re hem and scar tissue, has anyone found any creams that are good for both hems and scar tissue, or shall i carry on with the anoheal (diltzalem) ? Also id really like to get back to cycling, is cycling bad for hems? Thank you in advance for your help :thankyou:
Asore Arseagain2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Some good news and some help needed

Postby Isle » 13 Mar 2015, 14:12

I don't think cycling is bad for hemi's but might not be comfortable. Try a split type seat, or cushion. I was advised to stop riding due to prostate problems, but it did not seems to help. I don't think it contributed to my hem's, for which I had surgery. I never felt a correlation. If you suspect hemorrhoids try different creams, there are some good ones out there. Nelson's, Tucks. If the hemi is external and you can push it back it it can relieve the pain.

Soak in sitz baths with Epsom salts.

Try turmeric for the inflammation
You should be healed from the surgery by now. I would not think scar tissue would cause the pain, so its worth chasing the cause of this. You will eventually.
Hemorrhoidectemy Oct 2014, successful
Fissure Nov 2014 not healed
Nefedipine no help
Progesterone helped some
Oxidized Magnesium great stuff for soft stools
Looking for healing thinking of LIS
Isle
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2