I take all my healing posts back. So much pain

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I take all my healing posts back. So much pain

Postby Fissurefrustration » 29 Dec 2014, 14:25

All was Going well, pain was minimal on BM and no blood for a month. Then last night I had intense itching before I went to sleep but didn't scratch. Today went to work with the usual discomfort. Got home and sat over the tub with my shower head aimed at my sphincter, tepid heat on its softest setting. Suddenly dagger pain ripped through my sphincter and I screamed out. Thought it was nothing bad and got some gtn cream if it was a small tear. Put the cream on and felt worse than acid, my whole sphincter on fire. Had to go into the bath which helped. My chronic fissure has always been at 6pm but this pain is 12,3,6 and 9. Had a look but can't visibly see any cuts or tears, the whole area just looks red and angry as usual. Could this be an infection? What's happening to me - there is no end in sight for me...
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: I take all my healing posts back. So much pain

Postby Deleted User 4015 » 29 Dec 2014, 14:43

I feel with you. It did get it back last night, it came out of thin air. Have you had any surgery?
Deleted User 4015

Postby Fissurefrustration » 29 Dec 2014, 14:55

Nope only sclerotherapy to treat piles. This is torture.
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Deleted User 4015 » 29 Dec 2014, 15:09

Yes it is torture. I am lying in my bed with pain, i am so tired of this. It is inhumane.
Deleted User 4015

Postby msimon » 29 Dec 2014, 17:06

Frustration, I too had intense itching before I went to bed last night and when I woke up and had my BM I had such crazy stinging, burning and spasm I couldn't believe it. I know I still have open wounds but this was BAD! My incision site is the worst...6.5 weeks after surgery! I can totally relate to the frustration. I don't know what I am going to do now. I don't think another LIS is an option and botox didn't work for me although it gave me more pain relief than the LIS did.

Have you tried Nifedipine ointment? I find it burns the least of the 3 for me...
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Deleted User 4015 » 29 Dec 2014, 18:24

This is my first day on this forum and after reading your stories i am scared now. What if this dont go away. I have had UC since 2006 and my butt has been trough alot of suffering over the years. I have asked my doc to get my colon removed about a year ago, he did not like that at all and got a little angry.
Now i got AF on top of all this. HELP! I want my life back. Eat what i want, not have to worry about going to the bathroom, no more pain. It is just insane that our life is controlled around our butthole.
Deleted User 4015

Postby Ginger » 20 Mar 2015, 08:56

I read the title of this post this morning and almost burst into tears. I have been suffering from AF's off and on for almost 2 years. The first year was hell...doctors failed to diagnose properly in time and by the time I was diagnosed I was in sheer agony with every BM, like glass, and tons of blood. I dreaded every morning...for a year... work and personal life suffered. Everything becomes about trying to manage this AF. Finally found a surgeon after 6 months and properly diagnosed. Was given diazipam (sp?) ointment still didn't help. He suggested surgery but I was reluctant as I had heard mixed information and results. Then, I found this forum and I had hope. I spent countless hours reading posts, learning, applying different techniques, and after another 6 months (so a year in at this point) had found through trial and error with changes in diet (I also suffer from IBS); dramatically increased water intake, and stool softeners I seemed to be on a path of managing it. Only on occasion did I get the "glass" feeling and occasional days of blood, which I learned may also be caused by anusitis. So...I allowed myself hope. Seemed like flare ups were less and less, and that as long as I kept to my routine, it seemed to work. Now...of course, every day, there was still the worry...the what if? But ok. Then a month ago, I'd been staying with family friends who found out their child had pinworms...and the medication I needed to take could cause diarrea. So my butt was really irritated, but thought it was feeling better. No feeling of the fissure recurring just overall discomfort. Until today..... the pain, the feeling of glass and excruciating pain, blood. My heart sank. Does this ever end. It just feels like I don't want to go on sometimes. The only thing I can see that is a common factor to the flare ups is when I menstruate (sorry men.... but just a fact of life). I just needed to share.... this is the only place where people can really understand.
Ginger
Fibre Addict

Postby msimon » 20 Mar 2015, 12:42

So sorry Ginger. We all know that sinking feeling :( Sounds like you may need a more permanent solution. What have you considered? There's botox, surgery...
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64