Coping with an AF and small children at the same time...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Coping with an AF and small children at the same time...

Postby Eliza » 18 Mar 2011, 15:30

Hi,
I just wondered if anyone else out there is trying to cope with this condition and looking after small children at the same time? What this means for me is:
1. Limited time or oportunity for warm baths.
2. Hardly ever having the loo to myself. I have to laugh (or cry) sometimes as I am trying to have a stress free BM with a todler on my lap and one running in and out with random requests that have to be attended to 'now'!
3. Great interest in what I am doing when I pop back to the loo to apply cream etc.
I just accept that I have an audience and I guess the day will come when they don't want to come to the toilet with me. Who knows, by then I may be AF free...
Eliza
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Coping with an AF and small children at the same time...

Postby Cagirl » 20 Mar 2011, 22:29

I can completely relate! Or comiserate I should say.
My kids were 5 and 3 at the time before my LIS and during my extreme pain.
I did sitz baths instead of a tub bath. Locked the door and made up some reason I had to be left alone and told them how they had to not kill each other while I was in the bathroom, etc. Some days dh had to stay home from work when I was in extreme pain for most of the day. i was immobile, unable to walk really or sit up. So I only tolerated this for about 8 weeks when it was getting progressivly worse, then jumped into LIS. I had to hire a sitter so dh didn't miss more work, I had no choice.
It was and still is very difficult. I told my kids my back was hurt and that's why I was lying around so much and why I couldn't do this and that. But they had constant questions, disappointment and wonderment, my 3 year old even said she was going to become a doctor to fix my back.
Healing has been difficult I think due to my constantly having to be up and around with no time to rest. I'm 3 months post LIS and still have minor bleeding, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to go back to my CRS and see what the problem is.
You'll just have to try to fenagle things so that your kids will give you what time you need i.e. I went through a lot of dvd's and lollipops, and figure out a believable story to tell them!
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby mumof2 » 21 Mar 2011, 03:43

Hello!
Just wanted to add I know how you feel.
I always like the advice to poo as soon as you feel the need to go. With 2 little ones that aint easy!
x
mumof2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby Elphie » 21 Mar 2011, 21:59

I'm pretty lucky to even get a turn with the bathroom until some of them are gone, most days I have to get up 1/2 an hour early for my whole butt routine! My 2 yr old thinks I have a really bad diaper rash and realizes if mommys in the bathroom she gets more tv time!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Eliza » 23 Mar 2011, 06:26

Yes, luckily putting cream on bottoms is a familiar thing for toddlers. At least they understand about sore bottoms!
It must be awful needing the bathroom but not being able to get in there.
Eliza
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby anyway » 23 Mar 2015, 23:00

It's difficult because if I did tell my 4 year old why I lock the door then he would have great joy telling everyone else about Mummy's sore bottom. I've tried to keep it as private as possible but it's very hard and feels dehumanizing. Anyway, I've just posted in the success stories as I am definitely improving so check out the post. I have found a very empty pillow partially filled with microbeads helps me to be able to drive the kids around without screaming (from me) and I now stand to poop. Look up youtube under 'constipation pooping positions.' Hope it helps. 'Bad back' is my excuse for standing whenever I go out to a meeting or function. Good luck.
anyway
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2