Post LIS BM pain same as mine?

Just curious about the pain others are having

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post LIS BM pain same as mine?

Postby Diaboliq » 24 Apr 2017, 05:25

So I FINALLY had LIS on wed (it's mon now). I've had non stop leaking of blood from the site since day one. I read this is normal. How long did everyone need to leave gauze between their cheeks?

I just had my third BM. I feel kind of a lot of pressure during BMs. I feel like I'm pushing more then I should, but today I had no blood (first time) since surgery. I have had no pain besides feeling the stitches during the pressure of the BM (although I never had pain DURING, the AF would always burn after and I would spasm for hours, which is all but a bad nightmare in the past (it's amazing). But the pain I do experience (if you'd even talk it pain. Pre LIS, 7-10 pain after. Post LIS, just a strange feeling and a 2/10 ache.

So my real question, when I finish I still feel a lot of pressure down there. It's uncomfortable but nothing compared to fissure pain. Like I said I get an achy feeling which is uncomfortable, and pressure inside of my rectum. I don't feel like I didn't poop enough, I definitely finished, but am worried I'm pushing too hard. Can everyone relate to the ache and pressure?

EDIT: I forgot to add, I only took Percocet 4 pills the day of surgery, and one pill after each BM just as precaution. I have been taking miralax and stool softener daily and drink ungodly amounts of water. I'm not constipated by any means, and the poop is soft. Going to start increasing fiber intake today. Fiber makes my poop huge and I was scared to take it for the first few days. I'm glad I didn't.
Thanks for reading, wish everyone a happy butt. I haven't posted much, but I've read A lot. Thanks for everyone on here!!! :Rock: :afsmile:
Diaboliq
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Post LIS BM pain same as mine?

Postby AJStyles » 25 Apr 2017, 14:12

I had lis 2 weeks ago, i also have that feeling after taking a shit that i still have to shit. I think it just comes with the Fissure, because we didnt have that problem before the Fissure didnt we? So i think when the Fissure is healed, that problem will go away too. You can ask your doctor maybe what that could be, but i think its just from the fissure. Wishing you luck, im going to the doc thursday for a check (gonna be 3 weeks on friday) i still have pain after BM, but its not so bad. Drink lots of water and take 2x sitz baths a day, trust me, my first LIS didnt work because my stools were hard and i didnt take sitz baths. (Well, my own fault there :D) now im doing everything right, so it has to heal. Be careful, be patient, it could take 2-3 Months until you feel 100% Normal again. Pain should be good in 1 month post lis.
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Diaboliq » 26 Apr 2017, 04:29

What do you mean it didn't work? My BMs have been kept soft, I just have a lot of pressure there afterwords. I try to not push, but I dont know if it's because it's still swollen there, but it's hard to get out. Definitely not constipated though
Diaboliq
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby ChaosTree » 26 Apr 2017, 08:17

Same here! The pressure is driving me nuts, since I don't know if I am finished or not and am afraid to push to much.

Usually I decide that I am finished, and if it turns out I am not I'll just go back to the toilet in the next 20 minutes to finish it off :)
ChaosTree
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Tryingtorelax » 01 Jul 2019, 09:58

Dia and Chaos, did the pressure ever go away? It’s driving me nuts.
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Postby ChaosTree » 02 Jul 2019, 01:54

It went mostly away but sometimes I will have a small re-occurrence of it, but nothing major. I have learned to live with the small pressure that sometimes comes back, because it is a lot easier to live and deal with than the fissure pain I had before.

Life is basically awesome after the operation. Quality of life improved 100%.
ChaosTree
Fibre Addict