Postpartum fissure - nearly 6 months and counting

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Postpartum fissure - nearly 6 months and counting

Postby Gracie » 04 Apr 2015, 09:13

Thanks again, Broncosgirl. I'm getting to the point of being unwilling to live like this any longer, but am concerned my CRS didn't talk to me about the anterior location of my fissure and what that means in terms of treatment. It know the LIS a simple operation for her, but it's not a simple decision for me to make! I definitely need to go back and ask more questions. I'm thinking now I need to find a really great doctor (easier said than done!) who will take a more holistic approach to treating my fissure, constipation, weak pelvic floor, and pelvic pain--I can't help but think it may all be related or at least benefit from a comprehensive treatment plan. Right now, my CRS, primary care physician, midwife, and physical therapist all operate almost totally independently of one another.

I hope all is well with you and you're continuing to heal! Take care.
Gracie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby jlm1 » 06 Apr 2015, 19:28

Just wanted to tell you that physical therapy for pelvic floor has helped me a great deal. You might want to explore that. I love my CRS, she has helped a lot but the therapists really helped me connect the dots because it is all related. Unfortunately, most doctors don;t know a whole lot about the nervous system/muscles, etc. They just know their area of expertise and, in our cases, that is a very small area. Good luck to you!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Gracie » 07 Apr 2015, 14:49

Thanks, jlm1. I'm currently see a physical therapist, in part, for weak pelvic floor (in addition to other pelvic issues related to giving birth). She has me doing lots of kegel and pelvic stabilization exercises. Next time I see her, I will see if she can suggest more exercises that might help with the elimination and the fissure as well.
Gracie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1