Its back

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Its back

Postby NotSoCool » 07 Apr 2015, 09:33

Hi everyone,

I am new here and basically use this forum for seeing how other people are holding and managing with their situation. I'll just let you know whats my present scenario is but before that let me tell how i got fissure.

Since birth i never ever had any bowel issue , i used to go once a day , i used to eat everything and anything i wanted to and still managed to not get fat and have any bowel/stomach issues(P.S. i am a vegetarian) , I never used to think a lot about eating habits . I used to love eating everything which may or may not be the reason for my present condition.

Exactly 2 years back i passed a very hard/big stool due to which the pain started and i felt very embarrassing telling anyone so i just ignored it for a few days then after which the real pain started and used to last for hours , I consulted my dad, he had also faced similar issues for decades (genetic i guess). So i started eating vegetables ,fruits , went on a strict diet , and i thought i could fix it myself. Then when things didnt start to improve , my mother said to go and visit Ayurvedic Doctor, ( P. S. i am from India and people here thinks if u have piles/fissure u should never get it operated its better to get treated with ayurvedic / herbal medicines), So being optimistic i did go and it went on for another year , i used still used to feel pain most of the time but every time i went to see the doctor he just made me feel positive rather than any actual solution , i don't think my fissure actually healed and the medicines and consulting fees were very very expensive , still i wanted to give it a shot.

At last, i lost all hope and went to an actual doctor and he said the only way is LIS and he said due to my negligence the acute fissure became chronic and due to which the tension has increased , so no matter how small stool i pass the fissure would never heal . So for another 3 months i used his medicines and felt better (pain was still there most of the times) . So at last i decided to go for LIS and 2 sentinel piles removal.

They kept me admitted for 3 days and the first bowel movement wasnt so bad it was mostly liquid with just a prick, So after 2-3 weeks the pain was back so when i went to see him , he said its coz i was habituated to the Stool softener and gave me a stronger one to make my stool more soft. So now after 4 months i could feel that a new fissure has been developed in slightly right side of my butt ( my LIS and the fissure before was on the left side) and I mainly dont have so much issue passing stool , the main issue is sitting and a constantly nagging pain which diverts my attention to it the whole day, :groan:

I am applying Lox 2 % everyday for the past 4 months after the surgery before and after passing stool, and also Sucral Ano after every bowel movement. I used to take Sitz bath twice daily but has stopped for a few weeks when i thought i was getting better.

I had a similar thing 1 month back and was healed automatically after 4-5 days when i started eating Stool Softener in excess.

Thanks for listening to me , please suggest me what to do as i will be moving to a new place in a few months and I am really worried how this would affect my career plans.

If anyone faced similar situation please let me know how did u handled it.

Thanks.
NotSoCool
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Its back

Postby hurtinend » 07 Apr 2015, 20:36

Hello sorry for your situation

Can you explain the medicine you are taking?

Lox 2% and Sucral Ano? Have not heard of those.....
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Re: Its back

Postby NotSoCool » 08 Apr 2015, 00:13

Hi ,

I am from India and i guess most of our medicines are not available abroad . The medicines which i am taking as prescribed by my doctor are :-

1.Lox 2% Jelly - lignocaine Hydro chloride gel
2.Sucral Ano- Sucralfate metronidazole with lignocaine hydrochloride cream
3. Looz Syrup (Stool Softener)
4. Livotone 2 capsules before bed (stool softener)

I am taking both the stool softener to make my stool extra soft.
NotSoCool
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2