minor leakage & red bump after fissure surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

minor leakage & red bump after fissure surgery

Postby nc38 » 09 Apr 2015, 02:35

Hey all,

I’m a 23-year-old male who just had fissure surgery 3-4 weeks ago. I had developed a fissure, which eventually got infected, while dealing with the recovery of an impromptu hemorrhoidectomy for a thrombosed hemorrhoid 6 months ago. (I'm not sure what kind of fissure surgery I had. Going in, the doctor was undecided on LIS or something else until he got a better look.) My follow-up is still a week away, but I figured maybe someone here can help answer my questions until then:

I'm virtually pain-free now, and very glad/grateful about that. The only two post-surgery issues I’m experiencing are:

1- Minor leakage/drainage. Sometimes I feel a small amount of light liquid will leak out with gas—it seems to be fecal. I feel it, but it’s barely noticeable physically. Still, I’m hoping it goes away. I’m worried since I’m still pretty young. Also, I’ve been on Miralax as I heal, so it might be a result of having extremely soft stool. My doctor told me about the risk of incontinence before the surgery, but said he wasn't worried about it since if anything my sphincter was too tight.
Has anyone had this sort of leakage? Will it maybe still subside, since it’s only been a few weeks since the surgery?

2- There’s a rather small red bump/pimple-like thing near the anus (outside). It’s around where the fissure was, but more outside it, I think. It feels a little raw, and sometimes (usually if I move weird) I’ll feel it very slightly split/tear or something, the way a scab would. I think it may just be the wound still healing, but I’m not sure. Has anyone else had a red bump like this?

Thanks in advance for any help!
nc38

Topics: 1

Re: minor leakage & red bump after fissure surgery

Postby Savaici » 10 Apr 2015, 22:25

I think a discharge and the release of unexpected wind is fairly common after this surgery, though have not had it myself. The surgery, that is. about the pimp, this I would call your surgeon on, just in case it's the beginning of an infection.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222