L-Arginine Gel for Anal fissures

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

L-Arginine Gel for Anal fissures

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Feb 2008, 11:48

This article is a couple years old, but it IS an alternative possibility for anyone who's fissure refuses to heal and who might be terrified of the surgery!
It was new news to me when I found it. Healing rate in the study was given at 62%, not high, about like the BP creams, but I am sure that in a large percentage of the rest, they had some relief for their pain. Just a guess!
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_274/ai_n16359671
Deleted User 5

Re: L-Arginine Gel for Anal fissures

Postby Guest » 18 Feb 2008, 12:15

Isn't this also used for increasing libido by increasing blood flow to the area?
I guess it would work the same way as diltiazem to improve blood flow to the injured area and is available without a prescription.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Feb 2008, 12:24

Lecia, the abstract stated it increased nitric oxide flow to the site which promoted healing, AND it lowered the pressure inside the anal canal, two good things! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Feb 2008, 15:46

I was even taking L-arginine by mouth (as a supplement )- made no difference in my case , ha ha. So, at one point I was taking L-arginine, Nitro cream and Nifedipine cream all together without my sphincter relaxing or any "other part" for that matter Image .
Love to all Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Feb 2008, 18:12

But the Arginine needs to be used as a cream, applied to the anus, Fissy!! I doubt the oral version would do a darned thing for a fissure!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Feb 2008, 20:23

he he, oral form is recommended for heart patients because it makes body produce its own nitric oxide - and as such it does not have "local" effect , but general. That is why you put nitro on your butt and you get headache LOL !!!!
Silly, silly KIM : ) - XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Feb 2008, 20:27

I see, so you were taking it as a heart supplement, rather than a butt supplement?
Silly, Silly Fissy!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Feb 2008, 00:07

Hey - what are you waiting for , hmmmmm ; ))) ??? What is that *some* ; )???
Yeahh....I needed to mend my broken heart : ( over so many sleepless nights and so many poops that hurt me and never said goodbye - would just leave me all alone in the bathroom, pantyless, drowning in tears. They never looked back , sniffle , never explained why. So, I found comfort in gulping Arginine , one pill, than two ... than I became addicted to Nitric Oxide !!!! I decided to put some on my butt , just to please my still silent poop : (. What was girl supposed to do ??? Find another poop ??? All poop is same in MY book !!!! All poop hurts , no matter the color, no matter the consistency , no matter the origin ! THEY ARE ALL SAME !!! I couldn't take it any more, my friend, not me.
One lonely afternoon I just did it - unspeakable - I cut my sphincter on the side ! The rest is a history ....
Last edited by Fissulyna on 19 Feb 2008, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.
Fissulyna
VIP