Ways of dealing with scar tissue?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Ways of dealing with scar tissue?

Postby volans » 29 Apr 2015, 16:21

My fissure happened about a year and a half ago and I'd say for the past 6 months I've been okay with bowel movements (as long as they are soft), but I have a permanent soreness/tender pain that makes it difficult to sit down or even stand up for long periods of time.

I can feel a long rigid line right at the 6 o'clock position (back) where the soreness is coming from, and it feels like scar tissue.

It's going to take ages to actually get an appointment with a CRS, so in the meantime what is there to do? Would applying heat or cold directly onto the scar tissue do anything?
volans
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Re: Ways of dealing with scar tissue?

Postby owmybum » 30 Apr 2015, 14:29

I have the same problem of painful scar tissue. I also have some nerve damage in the area. I think for most people it just gets better with alot of time. I put a tiny bit of barrier cream on my anus to protect from irritation, as I find that if I do alot of walking it rubs and irritates things further. Heat or cold can help ease the discomfort too.
My pain was so bad I have resorted to gabapentin... It is a nerve pain drug. I am on a low dose.... But it has helped to take the edge off.

OMB
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: Ways of dealing with scar tissue?

Postby StevesFissure » 05 Mar 2024, 09:36

I have scar tissue from LIS and fissurectomy which can be felt like a long ridged line inside the rectum, I believe this is what causes most of my pain these days.

I have really bad flare ups of intense agonising rectal pain and think the scar tissue gets inflamed during/after defaecation.
StevesFissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3