Rough exam, grrr

Sore again

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Rough exam, grrr

Postby Daisy Mac » 01 May 2015, 22:42

I'd been without pain for about two weeks I believe. Went for my follow-up appointment today and the doctor examined me and now I'm sore again. The pain is not severe, but I had a BM and felt that sting again, DAMMIT! Is it normal for them to do a digital exam and feel around to see if anything hurts? I feel like he set me back a few weeks and I'm kind of pissed.
Daisy Mac
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Rough exam, grrr

Postby Daisy Mac » 03 May 2015, 11:10

And now I'm bleeding again!! I am never going back to this doctor again. I've worked so hard, maintaining the perfect diet, doing everything right, only to have this jackass re-injure me in five seconds. Definitely not as painful as it was in the beginning, but about as painful as it was four weeks ago. So depressing.
Daisy Mac
Salt Bather

Postby msimon » 03 May 2015, 12:35

I'm so sorry this has happened to you Daisy Mac. I can totally relate as I have had many follow up appointments that caused this for me. My CRS is smart enough to not insert anything but he really does pry on the skin which is all it takes sometimes.
I've also had many appointments where no noticeable damage was done so it's really tough for me to decide to go to my follow ups or not. I had an LIS and then a fistulotomy which left me with a much larger wound that seems to bleed very easily. I am in that position right now in fact. My follow up is to be Wednesday but I have been seeing a tiny bit of blood every 2-3 days and it feels raw and stingy so I am thinking "I know it's there still so why do I need him to pry, make it worse, just to tell me it is not healed yet?" ARG. It's tough because I would hate to not go and the infection to have come back or something but in reality I think I would know. I believe we know our bodies better than anyone and need to listen to them.

Try not to get down about it and just resume everything you were doing before as it worked. You say it isn't as bad as before so hopefully you'll feel better again really soon when doing all the right things. Are you using any of the fissure ointments (nifedipine, nitro, diltiazem)? Did you have LIS?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Fissurefrustration » 03 May 2015, 12:40

our tissue down there is so fragile, and it just takes something small to set us back. Digital exams/Anuscopes are a common way to retear. Keep on with your routine, sitz baths and plenty of water. was there a lot of blood?

Fingers crossed you can get back on track soon :)

FF x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Scientist2516 » 03 May 2015, 13:26

My CRS nurse barely even touched me. I'd get on this special bed that lifts you up, the buttocks separate naturally, and she would gently just touch a little bit. Apparently she could see the fissure enough to tell me if it was healing or not. I never could see it, even with a magnifying mirror.
So this is just to say I can't think of an excuse for roughness.

I hope your get better soon, Daisy. At least you know what to do this time, so it should heal a bit faster. Damn! Ridiculous you have to go through this.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Daisy Mac » 03 May 2015, 14:07

Thanks for the replies. There wasn't a lot of blood, but today it hurts to sit and it hurts a bit when I put all my weight on my right leg, just like it did weeks and weeks ago when I was first starting treatment. I've decided I'm going to heal on my own (I still have plenty of diltiazem ointment) and only contact the doc if it's an emergency. I think I'll continue stool softeners/my perfect diet for one month after the pain is gone (assuming it goes away again), then if I have another relapse after that I'll opt for the surgery. I was doing so well! And how can he tell me to make absolutely certain to keep my stools soft and then jam his finger in there and press on the fissure. I guess I'l just move on and try not to dwell on it - what else can you really do?
Daisy Mac
Salt Bather

Postby msimon » 03 May 2015, 19:40

What a stupid jerk! Sure wish there was a rewind button on life sometimes...

I am very disenchanted with Doctors now too and feel that they more they do the worse I get :(

Keep us posted on how you are doing Daisy. My fingers are crossed for you :)
msimon

Postby shakdang » 05 May 2015, 07:06

I had so many re-tears due to doctors/surgeons that I lost count in the end. Had at least 3 digital exams and 2 anoscopes all of which caused a re-tear to some extent.

Stick to regime that worked for you and you'll be back up in no time!
shakdang
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Daisy Mac » 09 May 2015, 22:34

The pain is gone again, thank goodness. I think the anxiety was worse than the pain this time - just the fear that it would get as bad as it was originally. I felt a couple of mild spasms and was in tears with anxiety, thinking it was happening again but it never got as bad as it was at first. The next person who wants to stick a finger up my butt had better give me ten very good reasons why he or she thinks that's a good idea.
Daisy Mac
Salt Bather

Postby msimon » 09 May 2015, 23:07

Glad to hear it Daisy. I can relate. I think I have PTSD from all this (no joke)!
msimon