Hemmoroid banding causing more hemorrhoids?!

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Hemmoroid banding causing more hemorrhoids?!

Postby Fissurefrustration » 12 May 2015, 01:34

So last night I looked down there for the first time since my banding and Botox 3.5 weeks ago and around my sphincter I've actually got a number of very dark coloured enlarged/swollen veins that are painful!! How could I now have ended up with more external hemmis post internal banding?! When I push on them they don't go away but aren't hanging down/prolapsing like normal hemmis - just looks like swollen veins on surface of the skin that have a lot of pressure on them. Argh!!! :verysad: :sadd:
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Hemmoroid banding causing more hemorrhoids?!

Postby notlordofthering » 12 May 2015, 02:48

Hello!

Long time lurker here, this is my first post. My problems also started in 2013, hard bowel movement, blood, pain afterwards etc. Got better but retore after a couple of months and have been in pain ever since. Got botox april 13th this year while they did an EUA. Surgeon said fissure pretty muched healed already but injected some botox anyway. The EUA stirred up some hemorrhoids and have been using Scheriproct ointment on the external hemmies. In the last week things have been a little better but the hemorrhoids and/or hematomas are still pretty sore, especially after bowel movements.

Your posts are interesting because we are roughly in the same boat and had botox almost at the same occasion. Two weeks ago I went to a GP because of the hemorrhoids. One was thrombosed but they rarely lance them here in Sweden. Either that or the GP was asleep during the surgical courses in med-school.

There are also small blue/black hard spots which could be slightly enlarged veins or perianal hematomas. I've had the same issues after earlier anoscopies/rectoscopies and it can take a while for things to settle down but the important thing here is not to worry to much about it and let it be while it's healing. These things take time to go away. Last time I had them, healing time was roughly two to three months before getting to 100%. Just clean the area gently after bowel movements, preferably using a shower head with a gentle sprinkle. Make sure dry the area but don't rub with a towel or paper. Avoid touching/rubbing on the sore areas, they will heal faster if left alone but make sure it's clean down there.

As Scheriproct can cause skin problems and even prevent fissures from healing I've now ditched it and am gently applying some Zink Oxide Cream to the area after cleaning up after a bowel movement. I feel this creates less friction between the sore areas outside the anal canal when walking, sitting etc.

Hope you will feel better soon. 3.5 weeks are still pretty early for botox and it's hard to say if it's your fissure being painful or the hemorrhoids/hematomas themselves. Just try not to worry to much about it, I know it's hard. :)

/Dennis
notlordofthering

Postby Fissurefrustration » 18 May 2015, 05:25

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to the forum, thanks for your informative reply and it's nice to know I'm not alone although I'm sorry you are suffering! I'm 1 month post botox now and still not better but keeping my fingers crossed I'm heading in the right direction.

ff
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby bumbumsong » 13 Jul 2015, 22:59

notlordofthering wrote:Hello!

Long time lurker here, this is my first post. My problems also started in 2013, hard bowel movement, blood, pain afterwards etc. Got better but retore after a couple of months and have been in pain ever since. Got botox april 13th this year while they did an EUA. Surgeon said fissure pretty muched healed already but injected some botox anyway. The EUA stirred up some hemorrhoids and have been using Scheriproct ointment on the external hemmies. In the last week things have been a little better but the hemorrhoids and/or hematomas are still pretty sore, especially after bowel movements.

Your posts are interesting because we are roughly in the same boat and had botox almost at the same occasion. Two weeks ago I went to a GP because of the hemorrhoids. One was thrombosed but they rarely lance them here in Sweden. Either that or the GP was asleep during the surgical courses in med-school.

There are also small blue/black hard spots which could be slightly enlarged veins or perianal hematomas. I've had the same issues after earlier anoscopies/rectoscopies and it can take a while for things to settle down but the important thing here is not to worry to much about it and let it be while it's healing. These things take time to go away. Last time I had them, healing time was roughly two to three months before getting to 100%. Just clean the area gently after bowel movements, preferably using a shower head with a gentle sprinkle. Make sure dry the area but don't rub with a towel or paper. Avoid touching/rubbing on the sore areas, they will heal faster if left alone but make sure it's clean down there.

As Scheriproct can cause skin problems and even prevent fissures from healing I've now ditched it and am gently applying some Zink Oxide Cream to the area after cleaning up after a bowel movement. I feel this creates less friction between the sore areas outside the anal canal when walking, sitting etc.

Hope you will feel better soon. 3.5 weeks are still pretty early for botox and it's hard to say if it's your fissure being painful or the hemorrhoids/hematomas themselves. Just try not to worry to much about it, I know it's hard. :)

/Dennis

Well darn I won't Scheriproct so much! No idea about it preventing fissures from healing...my GP actually recommended it for my fissure :groan: lol.

Good to know, thanks!

Kat
bumbumsong
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby randyyang » 01 Jul 2016, 01:50

I had the same issue, when i did small surgery to get rid of my sentinal pile this february, it caused me a very large purple hard lump looks exactly like a thrombosed external hemorroid, i was so devastated at the time, even doc recommend me another surgery to get rid of it, but i didn't take it. just like notlordofthering said above it took me almost 3 months to resolved it, it's 4 month now, the lump is compeletely disappear , but i can still feel a little bit swelling feeling down there from time to time, how's yours, do you feel the same way?
randyyang
Salt Bather

Postby jlm1 » 05 Jul 2016, 20:45

Hi there,
Ouch! I haven;t had banding but when I had botox for a fissure I remember my hemmies swelled up....scared the shit out of me! They settled down, although those bastards are my forever companion. Hang in there!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby randyyang » 06 Jul 2016, 01:20

Hi Jim1

thanks for the reply, really appreciated, mine are settled down too, but i can still feel a little swelling feeling from time to time. it just a little discomfort, what do you mean by forever companion? is this feeling gonna stay there forever ?
randyyang
Salt Bather

Postby jlm1 » 16 Aug 2016, 20:36

Sorry for the delayed response! All I meant is that in my case, I have an external hemorrhoid that is always there. It's annoying to clean and I don't like it but it doesn't bother me at all. Just a pain and I know it's there. I also have internal hemmies and they bother me from time to time....I think I'm just very aware of everything in that area since the fissure/fistula I had along with partial skin tag removal during a simple fistula surgery. But everyone is different and yours may settle!! I sure hope they do :)
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22