just had a kenalog procedure with Dr. Feingold

constantly updating my status

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: just had a kenalog procedure with Dr. Feingold

Postby johnnysantiago » 09 Jun 2015, 12:13

I am eating colace like candy, drinking 60 oz of water and tons of fibre. My body is so scared of BMs bc of the last 5 years of pain
johnnysantiago
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby LorraineJ » 09 Jun 2015, 12:44

You poor thing...I'm so sorry. I've only been in this hell for a year. Have you considered some ways to try and relax about it? Also, I've read some things on the Forum about dilation. Have you heard about this? Not saying you should do this... Just something to possibly look into.
You just need some easier BMs to get the confidence to go again.
Try the chia seed drink maybe... Search chia on this message board.
Last edited by LorraineJ on 09 Jun 2015, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.
LorraineJ
Fibre Addict

Postby msimon » 09 Jun 2015, 13:08

I totally understand Johnny. I just wasn't sure if it was your plan to have less frequent BMs as many of us on here have found that techniques comes back to bite us in the end (literally!). If you are still having trouble with BMs, many here have found Miralax to be superior to Colace as a stool softener. Hope you are feeling better.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby DrMommy » 16 Jun 2015, 21:50

Hi Johnny! Just wanted to check in to see how you're doing... I hope you've been feeling better!
DrMommy
Fibre Addict

kenalog procedure with Dr. Feingold 3 days ago

Postby monts » 26 Jun 2015, 16:26

Hello All,

Some background info on my situation - I'm in my late 20's and I've been suffering with an anal fissure for the past 4 months (hemorrhoids for about 8 years). While I never had the extreme pain many have mentioned - the pain (burning) was consistent and some times lasted for 24 hours after a bowel movement. I couldn't lift weights, eat red meat or engage in any strenuous activity with out having a major flare-up of a burning sensation within the area.
After reading the varying reviews about the Kenalog procedure on this forum and even other patients reviews on Vitals website, I decided to pay Dr Feingold a visit. Please note that I am not from the U.S and I was traveling from another country to inquire about this procedure.

As many have mentioned Dr Feingold has good bedside manners and exudes confidence in his area of practice. His examination was painless and he didn’t do a full on rectal exam (which I really appreciated due to the fact that 3 weeks prior I had a rectal exam done by a Gastroingolgist which really exacerbated the fissure issue in my opinion). After this consultation, I felt comfortable with the idea of moving ahead with this procedure as oppose to LIS.

I booked my surgery date and three weeks later I was flying to New york ( nervous as hell) to do this procedure. I showed up the morning of the procedure (5:30 AM) registered and before I knew it I was in the operating room. I must say, the nurses , anthologist and even Dr feingold’s assistant Nikita were all exceptional in making me very comfortable along the way.

Back to the procedure, there should seriously be a count before they knock you out, The last thing I remember saying was I was feeling some pain in my left hand where the Ivy was being injected and then waking up in the recovering room asking what time the surgery was -__-

I was under for almost a hour, I had the kenalog injection, a papilla removed and a anal fistula removed as well. Dr Feingold mentioned that the fistula could have been what was causing most of the pain. Upon waking up, I didn’t feel any feel pain although I did have some indication of discomfort in that region. My entire but was Numb but I was feeling pretty ok other wise.

First Day

Most of the day went by ok with pretty minimal pain but as soon as the numbing effect wore off I started to feel the onset. Not extreme but noticeable. The pain was a 5-6 on a scale of 10 and when I took my pain meds ( vicodin & motrin) it went down to about a 3-4.

2nd to Present
Mostly the same as the first, I had my first bowel movement towards the ending of day 2. It was on one word – painful. But it wasn’t painful for the reasons that you might be assuming. It would seem that as a complication from the procedure, I developed a moon sized external hemorrhoid, which in my opinion seems to be causing all of the pain. It is a deep throbbing achy pain which intensifies when I have a bowel movement. It is also painful to touch, its just very inflamed at the moment.

Now today I had my second bowl movement, I lay here in pain typing this. Wrote Dr Feingold and he mentioned that this isn’t uncommon an it should resolve “over time” with the pain meds , icing and sithz baths. I am hoping this happens sooner rather than later because this is one of the most uncomfortable pains I have ever experienced. I cant walk properly due to the size of it , cant sit , I just cant move with out discomfort. Its only day 3 and maybe this is normal but I just thought I should share my story with you all given how little information there is on this procedure.

Note: I drink tons of water, and Mira lax twice a day with Colace, which has, kept my stools very soft so far. I do believe if this hemorrhoid weren’t so inflamed, passing a soft stool wouldn’t be difficult. Another important point – I can’t sit on the toilet bowl as yet. I have to squat. Again this seems to be a problem with the hem.

Any way I hope this procedure works and these issues resolve it self. If you all have any questions please feel free to ask.

If any of you have experienced this and have any insights on how to deal with this. I would surely appreciate the advice as well.
monts
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby monts » 26 Jun 2015, 16:43

how have you been recovering johnny
monts
Fibre Addict

Postby DrMommy » 26 Jun 2015, 17:48

Thank you Monts for sharing your experience. I am debating between having this procedure done or LIS so very much appreciate hearing about other peoples experiences. I hope you have a speedy recovery soon... Sending healing thoughts your way...
DrMommy
Fibre Addict

Postby LorraineJ » 26 Jun 2015, 17:59

Johnny!! How are you feeling??! Hoping you are feeling better!!
Last edited by LorraineJ on 28 Jun 2015, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
LorraineJ
Fibre Addict

Postby monts » 28 Jun 2015, 19:41

Hey lorraine J

Thank you for you detailed response on your experience so far. It's my 5th day and your review has made me optimistic. Can you say what treatment you utlizied for the swollen hemorrhoid ? Did any thing work to ease the pain before it started to go down over the 3 weeks ? How long did it take for you to stop having leakage ? I am still spotting blood, not sure how long this is supposed to last. Any tips and advise that you may be willing to share is greatly appreciated.. thanks you!
monts
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 28 Jun 2015, 20:19

Please folks, do make your own posts and try not to tack your own story on someone else's post. Much better idea to have your own thread.
:thankyou:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222