External burning sensation

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

External burning sensation

Postby Deleted User 4296 » 20 Jun 2015, 17:47

I'm 8 days post opt and after walking around outside in the sun, sweating I came home and experience a raw burning stinging pain. It feels external. Almost like a diaper rash maybe. I wipped with baby wipes like I've been doing and bad idea. Made it sting even more. Has anyone else had this? I'm worried about infection and im struggling with BM so I'm trying not to strain so much but its hard.
Deleted User 4296

Re: External burning sensation

Postby Deleted User 4296 » 20 Jun 2015, 19:31

Update! Upon inspection it appears to be a sort of diaper rash from cheeks rubbing together
Deleted User 4296

Re: External burning sensation

Postby msimon » 21 Jun 2015, 02:25

I had a horrible rash down there for a long time after my LIS that would always get worse with activity and certainly with sweating. I had a lot of oozing from the wound that refused to heal so the constant moisture from that and all the baths was hard on my skin too. I found diaper rash cream with zinc in it to be the most helpful. Lately I have been using vitamin e oil and coconut oil. Hope the burning ceases soon.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64