Hi All.good lord this thing hurts!!!

Intro/ ennema

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi All.good lord this thing hurts!!!

Postby savemybutt » 19 Jun 2015, 17:55

Hi All, Just wanted to say a big thanks for all the info on this site its been very helpful in easing the pain of this horrible situation. I have only had my AF for about a week now. only been able to have 2 bowel movements with the help of some stool softener and laxatives. However now I'm so scared to take it as i know it's gonna bring the pain (the back of my thighs are sore from shaking so much).

So far The most relief has come from Sitz Bath/Showers, Nytro cream. and coconut oil. I am really having trouble starting a bowel movement I know its time to go but just cannot. Last time I had to do it in the shower (disgusting i know) and swear i nearly passed out.

I feel an Ennema might be a god sent in this early stage to give my but a rest and not Disturb the AF. Has anybody had much luck with these? I tried a fleet ennema but could not take the pain, i then tried emptying the bottle and using water but had trouble getting it up there. Anybody have tips on what type worked best and how much fluid is needed for results with just water?

Anyway hoping for a BM tonight but even with the laxative and diet change i've been having trouble :verysad: . Feeling pretty defeated physically and emotionally
Thanks all,
savemybutt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Hi All.good lord this thing hurts!!!

Postby CJCJ » 19 Jun 2015, 21:23

Hello SAVE,

I totally understand trying to avoid the BM. But I think the longer you hold it, the more water will be extracted from your stool and make it harder and worse when you finally have to pass it. And dont worry about being 'disgusting' at all - we all are dealing with something that is so painful we'd do whatever disgusting thing was necessary to get some relief.

I'm in my 2nd wk of excruciating pain and normally have a BM every morning. I had a decent day today without one (could actually drive without being tortured) but knew I better go or I'd pay for it tmrw. I used a sitz bath in a bedpan and did the BM in that. As I said in my intro post, the worst is after the BM - the 'clinching back up' and while it was painful it was 1% better than yesterday. Take a quick shower afterwards and I felt reasonable, although standing up for 3 hrs making dinner for my kids was constant discomfort, but not enormous pain.

I did try small enemas last wk (plain water) and didnt notice any great effect. But I never have hard stool, so if thats your problem maybe it would help. I would use only water though - once I used 2 bottles and know on which 'side' of the anus the fissure it on and press more against the opposite side.

Best of luck to you - you are certainly NOT alone!

CJ
CJCJ
Fibre Addict

Postby savemybutt » 21 Jun 2015, 10:49

Hey CJ,
Thanks for the rely and suggestions. I tried a fleet enema the other day with just some warm water and WOW! Magic! LOL. Almost no pain when i went with very little aftermath aside from some light stinging. Sitz bath and some coconut oil and i was feeling like a human being again.

Hard stool seems to be the problem and laxatives don't seem to be helping the situation much; just making me more uncomfortable. Anyway with the help of the enema i think i may be able to get back to my life again. I've been off work for a week now. Hoping I'm on the road to recovery from this horrible experience.

kudos to you for taking care of your family during this whole experience. I think if i had kids they would be fending for themselves for dinners.
cheers
SMB
savemybutt
Fibre Addict

Postby msimon » 21 Jun 2015, 12:57

Which stool softener do you take?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby savemybutt » 21 Jun 2015, 13:38

Ive been taking a mix of Lactulose and laxaday. so far once per day before bed. Definitely helps with the urge but not the deed. :groan:
savemybutt
Fibre Addict

Postby Walkman123 » 21 Jun 2015, 13:59

My family doctor gave me proctosedyl for my AF , which has been around for 10 days or so , I take a fiber supplement and stool softener and the heating pad helps because I can't use my sitz bath thing, hope your feeling better.
Walkman123

Postby savemybutt » 22 Jun 2015, 13:37

Thanks walkman, I would suggest trying coconut oil if you have not yet. It helps allot!

hope you feel better too. What a horrible experience hey.
savemybutt
Fibre Addict

Postby CJCJ » 22 Jun 2015, 15:54

Hi SMB,

I'm glad the small enema worked for you. Obviously you found a way to carefully insert it without touching the AF so thats good, but be careful!

What are you doing with the coconut oil? Another poster said she made suppositories from it. Are you using it as a cream? Or eating it?

CJ
CJCJ
Fibre Addict

Postby savemybutt » 22 Jun 2015, 19:15

Hey CJ, I mostly use it as a lotion around my anus and in, if i can. I use a rubber glove. Have also made some of the suppositories which worked well and felt great! just moulded them in saran wrap and stuck them in the freezer. I will also add some to my sitz batch to help promote healing.

I usually but some in my coffee alone with organic grass fed butter for a "Bullet Proof Coffee". Not sure if this helps the AF i did it before; but it is a great energy booster without the crash and I'm sure the extra butter and oil doesn't hurt the situation.

happy healing

SMB
savemybutt
Fibre Addict