AF stinking very bad

I can wipe because it hurts so bad

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

AF stinking very bad

Postby Shad xx » 15 Jul 2015, 15:25

Hey I'm new to this forum. And I just wanted to say hi. So for about 1 week now I have had an anil fissure I have noticing blood in my Stool. I have been on the high fiber diet now and I go to the br way more often I try to wipe but it hurt very bad and I don't know what to do. I started doing to sitz baths but with only warm water so I have been wondering is there a way to wipe with out much pain and how long will it take to heal I really want to go back to my normal life I can't play soccer walk or do anything wasting my whole summer at home any help
Shad xx

Topics: 1

Re: AF stinking very bad

Postby Canadabum » 15 Jul 2015, 16:38

Shad...if you are in severe pain I would advise NOT TO WIPE. In the early very painful stages i would recommend trying to hop in to the SHOWER to clean off. Do not use soap though because it could irritate the area further.

Once your butt is up to it try using a baby wipe or a we piece of toilet paper -- again, DO NOT WIPE....just dab the area, it is easier on the butt.

Once you are really up to it I would then use either a baby wipe or wet toilet paper to wipe.

Below is a general sense of what I did to help myself out...perhaps some of it will be helpful to you.

1. Take some form of stool softener...this is THE MOST IMPORTANT piece of advice i have. I use Magnesium Citrate (150mg-250mg per day). I would also look into Miralax/Restoralax....not sure what it is called where you are from. This site has a good translation of terms and medications that you can use.

2. Poop using a stool of some sort to get your knees up....makes the trajectory easier.

3. If you can at all anticipate it...take a couple Ibuprofen a half hour before you go to the loo...get in front of the pain

4. Stick some coconut oil up there just before you poop....provides some lubrication and a small barrier

5. Sit on heat as much as possible during the day to promote blood flow....cold can also be good -- i use a cold pack wrapped in a towel for 10/15 mins at a time

6. Drink a teaspoon to a tablespoon of flax or olive oil with breakfast, lunch and dinner....then cut down to twice a day after a week or so...lubricate inside and out!

7. Use a cream 2-3x a day...like diltiazem nitro, niphedipine

8. Take as many baths as you can a day...warm/hot for 20 mins at a time...hey sit there f or 30 if you got the spare minutes

9. Eat super healthy...DO NOT bulk up with metamucil (that is b.s. as far as i can tell). Eat a good balance of non-processed foods that include soluble and insoluble fibre. DO DRINK lots of water. Do add probiotic foods to your diet that could include kombucha, kefir, miso soup, sauerkraut, kimchi, unpasteurized cheeses etc etc

10. Talk about it with people who care....this was as helpful to me as everything else....use this outlet too!!

11.....this is the worst and the best. TIME. This situation requires some time to heal....we all go through the period of time when nothing seems to work....but slowly (way toooooo slowly) you should find some relief

12. Try and stay as positive as you can

You will get your life back, you will play soccer and walk...it may just take some time.
Hang in there.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby jay1975 » 19 Jul 2015, 15:03

Yes, I found Ibuprofen to be very helpful, but you do need to stay in front of the pain. I take 600mg immediately when I wake up in the morning in anticipation of my upcoming BM (usually an hour or so later). This seems to head off the pain.
jay1975
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Scientist2516 » 19 Jul 2015, 19:20

I practically lived on ibuprofen for months. Ask your doctor to make sure you are not taking too much.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16