Pain. How bad is it really?

Others don't understand.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Pain. How bad is it really?

Postby daisy001 » 17 Jul 2015, 12:28

There are so few people I can discuss this with and the main one thinks that I am exaggerating the pain and it makes me wonder if I'm weak or oversensitive.

It seems to me that the pain is horrible expecially as I am going and right afterwards. I feel like there is a jagged knife cutting me. I know there are worse things in life, but still this seems bad. Do others feel as I do? Do others get more support at home?

Daisy
daisy001
Fibre Addict

Topics: 11

Re: Pain. How bad is it really?

Postby Canadabum » 17 Jul 2015, 13:49

Daisy...pain, oh yah...this tops the pain list for many. I have read on this site of people who have tattoos all over their body and in sensitive areas, people who have given birth, people who have endured all sorts of horrible pain over their lifetime...and many say that their fissure is right up there if not the #1 pain.
In fact -- i was telling a friend (who happens to be in his late 80s) of my predicament and his face turned white...he then recounted the pain of his fissure to me in great and exacting detail. He told me that he has gone through a lot of medical issues and lots of pain but he has never forgotten how painful and difficult his fissure was.
So YES...it is incredibly painful. I used to describe it to my wife as follows -- imagine that you are passing razor blades and shards of glass through your anus and then when you are done that you have a hot poker jammed as far up as it will go and the heat just blasts and radiates...of course, if you have not been through it it is really hard to imagine that feeling.
As for support at home -- I was lucky in that my wife has been and continues to be incredible and understanding. Some others on this board have been dismissed -- bottom line is everyone here knows you are being truthful and you should feel very validated here. Come discuss on this board of you dont get the proper support at home....perhaps have them read some of these postings...then they might wake up to the hell that you are enduring.
Keep the ?s coming and hang in there....it WILL get better
Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby daisy001 » 17 Jul 2015, 14:01

Thank you. The support I'm getting from this group is the saving grace.

Daisy
daisy001
Fibre Addict

Postby felix » 17 Jul 2015, 16:53

At the beginning of my fissure, the pain was awful. I have given birth twice with only entonox and would do that every day rather than have a fissure pain again! Poor you, make sure you get on top of it with painkillers and treatment for the fissure. Good luck
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Yraine » 17 Jul 2015, 18:38

I have given birth without epidural..... fissure pain is far worse.
People who have never experience rectal pain cant relate.
I have learned to stop talking about it to my family members ...i usually end up frustrated.
Thats why i registered to this forum ! :)
Yraine
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby hayleyw » 20 Jul 2015, 17:34

Yep, the pain can be excruciating. I've been given anaesthetic lube to pop up my bum when I have a bm but it doesn't help much at all. I often like to wear a long sleeve shirt or a jacket just so I can bite down on something when my bowels first open. It can be that painful. Sometimes it's painful but bearable, other times i'm having to do breathing exercises just to get through it.

I've never experienced child birth but having a fissure is still the most pain i've been in.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby hurtinend » 20 Jul 2015, 20:03

I hurt after I go, give it say 15 minutes and someone rammed a hot poker up there

Nobody understands except us, my doc says no big deal a minor little inconvenience

Ok doc, thanks, we can send probes to Pluto, but......I'm done.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby daisy001 » 20 Jul 2015, 21:07

I actually have started listening to uplifting music in the bathroom.

Daisy
daisy001
Fibre Addict

Postby msimon » 20 Jul 2015, 22:05

Lol! I poop to Solitudes. For those that don't know what that is it's like birds singing with ocean waves crashing and classical music all in one. It helps..some.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64