back to bleeding again

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: back to bleeding again

Postby juney » 20 Feb 2008, 15:31

i also feel some discomfort in the anal area when i pee. it helps if i squat rather than sit directly on the toilet. sitting on the toilet to pee sometimes feels like it's putting too much pressure on everything down there.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 20 Feb 2008, 16:02

Thanks guys! I think she will put me on nefidipine. I was on diltiazem before but that was a different doctor. I am even considering botox if necessary.

Yeah, BG, this incision seems to be more painful than my fissure but I thought maybe I was just imagining it and couldn't remember what it was like last year. Yeah, my doctor is just kind of stalling anyway. She just tells me to put metronidazole on the incision and this last time she said, well, maybe you have too much yeast now, so put lotrimin on. I am using aloe vera. The other stuff burns.

I would seriously think about the LIS but with my nerve damage the doctor said i have a much higher chance of developing incontinence. So if needed I will start with the cream and then look into botox. Out of the 11 CRSs I have seen in the Southeast I can't find anyone who does Botox though.

Hang in there you guys. I am excited about the LIS for your BG. I can just feel that things are going to turn around for you.

Juney, that is funny that you mention that you squat instead of sit. I just kind of stand over the toilet and squat a bit too.

Postby motherluch » 20 Feb 2008, 16:16

I know I have mentioned this before, and it may seem very foreign to many of you since cream is the way to go most often, but perhaps you could just try the Gold Bond powder for a day. It really is the only thing that makes things calm down for me when I have any kind of irritation/soreness on the outside. It help shrink everything including the skin tags. It is the regular Gold Bond powder in the gold bottle, just put a lot on a cotton pad and really cover the area and reapply throughout the day.
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby motherluch » 20 Feb 2008, 16:18

Hey, how exciting...how did I become a Proctosphincteranologist??!! I feel so important now!! :)
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 20 Feb 2008, 16:18

I did try it actually but there is some zinc and menthol in it and my bum just overreacts to those. But I think it is a great suggestion to try. I can see how it would be helpful.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 Feb 2008, 16:31

ML, when you hit 100 posts, you become that, er, procotowhatever!
But I am thinking about making you a VIP.....you have certainly earned it here!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Feb 2008, 21:34

Girls- check the powder for talcum because I read somewhere that it causes ovarian cancer.
All the best
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby motherluch » 21 Feb 2008, 07:01

Thanks Kim!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby SunshineHope » 22 Feb 2008, 14:37

I think a little bit of blood isn't huge, it probably just means that the fissure is still hiding there somewhere and maybe it got a bit irritated. I think it's more concerning if there's a huge shot of blood or a lot of bright red blood - that could be a sign of a re-tear but according to my seniors on this forum who I've asked this question to, all bleeding is not horrible - all bleeding is not a sign of a retear..
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38