Is healing possible

Looking for words of hope

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Is healing possible

Postby daisy001 » 20 Jul 2015, 13:59

Since every time I go to the bathroom, I at minimum irritate the AF, I don't see how it will ever heal. Because of the stool softener I am experiencing a tiny bit less pain when I go. But still I don't see how I can ever be better. Any words of hope out there?

Daisy
daisy001
Fibre Addict

Topics: 11

Re: Is healing possible

Postby shakdang » 21 Jul 2015, 06:08

Healing is definitely possible! how long it actually takes to heal varies though.

My fissure kept re-tearing every time I had a BM and I was a bit stumped as to how it will ever heal but you make little progress every day and it all adds up.

My symptoms disappears after 6 weeks and took another 4 weeks before I started eating normally and cutting down on softeners so give it time but you'll get there!
shakdang
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby daisy001 » 21 Jul 2015, 15:02

It's just so terrible in the present.
daisy001
Fibre Addict

Topics: 11

Postby mybootyhurts » 24 Jul 2015, 18:25

I know how you feel Daisy, I have only had this fissure for 2 weeks and it seems that 4 weeks is forever away. We can get through this. I've actually cried almost every bowel movement.

Coconut oil in my sitz bath has helped because coconut oil has healing properties. I also rub a pea sized amount on my bottom after the bath. But make sure you clean the area with non scented baby wipes every 4-5 hours and re-apply the coconut oil.

At night I take 2 stool softeners (as well as 1 in the morning), and I take a bath before bed but I do not apply the coconut oil at night.

Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, and try to cut out meat, dairy and enriched flour from your diet.
mybootyhurts
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2