anal fissure or hemmorhoids?

i'm in doubt.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

anal fissure or hemmorhoids?

Postby guardian » 22 Jul 2015, 02:02

my pain had started 3 months ago but it was still tolerable. Everytime I pass a stool, the pain just lasted for 30 mins and i was still able to manage and even work. When i went to the hospital, the doctor performed rectal exam and inserted two fingers in my anus. He said i have a hemmorhoid and offered an operation (hemmorhoidectomy) if i'm still having discomforts after a week of medications. But a day after the consultation, everytime i pass some stool the pain was so extreme and lasted for 3 or more hours. I can't even stand and work anymore. As I search some information regarding my condition, i found out that my symptoms are similar to having a fissure. I am in doubt if i should get a hemmordectomy or not. I am willing to do anything just to get well, the pain is really killing me. I hope you can help. Thank you.
guardian

Topics: 1

Re: anal fissure or hemmorhoids?

Postby Manitourose » 22 Jul 2015, 11:34

Any chance you could get a 2nd opinion? Did you see a general surgeon, general doctor or a colorectal surgeon. My understanding is that internal hemorrhoids should not hurt as much as external ones and perhaps not to the extent you are experiencing. It's likely you do of course have internal hemorrhoids, most of us (everyone) does and they certainly can become a bit more aggravated when other things are going on... fissures/fistula experiences and so on. Hopefully the folks on the hemorrhoid thread can shed more light as well on their experiences. Thinking of you and hope the pain begins to subside some.
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby guardian » 25 Jul 2015, 02:20

thank you, manitourose :) I'll have an appointment with a colorectal surgeon this afternoon. I hope this will clear things. I don't experience intense spasms anymore, unlike weeks before. Though, when I feel the urge to pass stool nothing comes out. It feels like something's blocking. I tried laxatives, sitz baths and pain relievers. Pain relievers don't really help so I stopped taking it. I'm getting information from this site. Thanks again.
guardian

Topics: 1

Postby Manitourose » 25 Jul 2015, 07:27

Wishing you the best guardian. I hope your appointment goes well and glad the spasms have settled.
Manitourose

Topics: 14