For anyone new fissure recovery, must try MIRALAX!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

For anyone new fissure recovery, must try MIRALAX!

Postby fisslayer » 05 Aug 2015, 21:59

So I've been pretty symptom free for the last 2 months after starting Miralax. I take 1 - 1.5 scoops per day (the generic Costco version), and it is pretty much a cure for me. I wanted to come back here and really hype up Miralax for anyone who is new, and has not tried Miralax. It really softens and moisturizes stool and passes by my fissure like nothing.

I was almost considering surgery after 2-3 months of torturous pain. Felt like I was pooping razor blades. Sometimes I add a Colace or 2, if I eat a lot of meat, but I've pretty much been able to eat whatever I want since starting Miralax, after someone had recommended it to me on here. I'm so grateful to that person, because I was stuck, and I had tried many different things up to that point, including Citrucel fiber pills, coconut oil, stool softners, drinking a lot of water, etc.

I plan on taking Miralax for the next 2 years or so, which I've read is OK to do. Even if it wasn't, I wouldn't give a crap. Life is much better right now.

So if anyone is contemplating surgery like I was, and has not tried Miralax, it is definitely a must try.

Also, eating a lot of lettuce (watery vegetables) and bran really helps as well, in case the Miralax by itself does not work.
fisslayer
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: For anyone new fissure recovery, must try MIRALAX!

Postby daisy001 » 06 Aug 2015, 15:56

Miralax has made my life bearable.
daisy001
Fibre Addict

Topics: 11

Postby sadbutt » 15 Jun 2019, 23:58

I’m curious - has Miralax been really helpful in terms of avoiding constipation, or is the biggest difference in consistency of stool?

I ask because I don’t tend towards constipation, and worry about laxatives bringing on diarrhea. I’ve had a bout of diarrhea with my AF and it was the worst stinging/burning imaginable!

Any tips on how to find the sweet spot with Miralax to make stool consistency awesome without getting too soft?
sadbutt

Postby appleapple » 17 Jun 2019, 19:46

Curious too. I'm still experimenting with my diet to produce the perfect BM. Trying to find the perfect combo of miralax and/or mg citrate.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby SueMac » 18 Jun 2019, 05:30

So difficult to say what is perfect amounts as this varies for everyone sadly.
I use 375mg mag citrate and prune juice which works at moment.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7