recovery

lis surgery

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

recovery

Postby sickoffissure » 18 Aug 2015, 10:15

Hello, I am new here but have been reading this forum for a while. I had anal lis surgery 15 days ago. My sphicter spasms have stopped but I still have pain with bowel movements. I think today is the worst yet with bowel movement pain. I haven't taken pain meds since day of surgery. I just want to be pain free again! Anybody got suggestions? Just really physicaly and mentally exhausted. I've had this fissure for3 plus months.
sickoffissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: recovery

Postby msimon » 18 Aug 2015, 10:40

Hi sickoffissure. Welcome to the forum! Congratulations of taking the plunge and getting LIS. Sorry to hear you are still suffering. Can you describe your pain? Is it the same a before the LIS or different? Are you keeping your BMs soft?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby sickoffissure » 18 Aug 2015, 10:51

It is a different pain than before surgery. seems more like a "normal" pain. No spasms. Yes my stool is soft. I take miralax and mineral oil every night before bed. I just don't understand why my movements still hurt..
sickoffissure
Fibre Addict

Postby sickoffissure » 18 Aug 2015, 11:07

I have pain with bowel movements and after movement. After movement it feels like a cuckaboro is in my rear end. I have my movements in the morning and by the evenig the pain is better. Am I just being impatient since my surgery was only 15 days ago? My surgeon said it could take a month for the fissure to stop being painful. I was just so excited about being pain free after surgery . I really don't want the flap surgery. Sounds painful!!
sickoffissure
Fibre Addict

Postby msimon » 18 Aug 2015, 12:00

Yes, it is much too soon to be thinking the LIS will not be successful. It is very normal to still have pain with bowel movements. It's very encouraging that you are pain free some of the time. Recovery can be very slow and take months for some. You now have 2 cuts to heal down there and that can take time when it's reopened everyday for a BM. As long as they are soft and you are keeping the area clean it will just be a matter of time. Hang in there. Don't lose that excitement, it will happen!
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby sickoffissure » 18 Aug 2015, 13:44

Thank you msimon for your encouragement. You know sometime you just get down and out after dealing with a problem for so long. Trying to keep my spirits up . Thanks again!
sickoffissure
Fibre Addict

Postby sickoffissure » 18 Aug 2015, 13:48

I meant to ask....Has anyone tried any homeopathic treatments for your fissures and if so what worked?
sickoffissure
Fibre Addict

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here