Anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal fissure

Postby Maggiet » 09 Jul 2015, 20:28

i have had an anal fissure for a couple of years now. Last year I had an anal abcess and it was excruciating. I had severe pain for a few days, unrelieved by pain killers and suppositries and if someone had offered me a colostomy I would have jumped at the opportunity. Presently I get the pain and bleeding every month or two and at the moment I have had issues for the past four weeks. I have been reading the forum and yesterday I went out and bought myself some magnesium so I will let you know how that goes. Also I have ordered son wheatgrass spray as apparently this is really effective fingers crossed because otherwise I will seriously consider having surgery to get a colostomy, can't bear the pain of bowel movements anymore
Maggiet

Topics: 1

Re: Anal fissure

Postby Sufferingbadly » 17 Jul 2015, 22:43

Have you tried using coconut oil? I bought dr wheatgrass but the coconut oil is much better (in my opinion).
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Maggiet » 17 Jul 2015, 23:04

I've been using the magnesium for a few days now and yesterday for the first time I had a pain free bowel movement, I was sooooo happy. Just started the wheatgrass yesterday so here's hoping it will help too
Maggiet

Postby Maggiet » 21 Aug 2015, 03:09

Magnesium didn't help for long so I tried the coconut oil suppositries. Within 48 hrs I was feeling so much better and had my first bowel action in months were I didn't have tears in my eyes. The throbbing pain has vanished and I only have pain when I poop. Instead of thinking constantly about the pain I can enjoy life again. Hope it lasts. Anyone know where you can buy coconut oil suppositries??
Maggiet

Postby Savaici » 21 Aug 2015, 12:56

Maggot. Found this link using the search function, which is underneath the photo, where you can search by topic. The search on the right is pretty useless:

post114794.html?hilit=Coconut#p114794
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Sufferingbadly » 21 Aug 2015, 21:59

I don't know where you can buy them. I make them myself. I take plastic cling wrap (the one to preserve food) and I wrap it around my pinky finger(makes a suppository type shape) then I melt the coconut oil in a bowl and fill up my "molds". Then I place them standing up in a little container and place them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes so they harden. Then I move them into the fridge so that when I go to use one, they aren't freezing cold!
I'm sooooo happy to hear that the coconut oil is working for you and that your feelig better!! I've been taking miralax and it's been helping me keep things very soft. Unfortunately I think I've developed a hypersensitivity to it and I may have to stop. My fissure feels better but I have lots of external hemmies that won't go away now :/ (coconut oil doesn't help much with those lol)
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5