Day 4 VERY BAD DAY TODAY CONSTIPATED DIARRHEA

2nd LIS PEOPLE PLEASE ADVISE!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Day 4 VERY BAD DAY TODAY CONSTIPATED DIARRHEA

Postby Hatetopoop » 14 Jan 2014, 11:33

I am day 4 post LIS surgery and I'm getting very worried. Bad, bad day today! Took me over an hour to poop what finally came out was liquid diarrhea! I have a feeling this was due to taking my percusett yesterday---yet only one pill to stop the muscle spasms. I stopped the fiber pill but took 2 stool softeners and Miralax last night. This morning aloe juice with prune juice and two more stool softeners as I felt constipated. In an out of the size bath with Epsom salts, I finally went after an hour. I was clearly constipated--could not push it out but when it finally did it was liquid diarrhea. I am worried my CRS was too conservative with the LIS. I am feeling the same way as before--very tight somewhere above my exit door. Have a very difficult time getting it out--when it does, I am relieved but everything starts hurting and feeling like I have a fist up my bum! I took two advil in desperation and it did take the edge off the pain though I still feel sore. I am not working this week and wondering how I will get back to work as I sit at a desk all day long.

Now I am thinking no more Miralax--no more percusett; stick to fiber pill and stool softeners to eliminate diarrhea.

Please advise...those who have had two LIS please advise on how you figured out you needed a 2nd surgery.

Thanks!
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Re: Day 4 VERY BAD DAY TODAY CONSTIPATED DIARRHEA

Postby jr2 » 14 Jan 2014, 15:04

I'm so sorry you're having a bad day. It's hard enough to have been suffering with a fissure for so long but to add surgical recovery and all that goes along with it is so so hard. But try to keep in mind you are only four days out from your surgery. There is still a lot of healing that needs to take place. There is swelling that needs to go down. And all the other muscles in your pelvic floor are going to be affected by the surgery as well, muscles that are also involved in the coordination of your bowel movements, that need a chance to get re-coordinated. Don't be discouraged and let yourself think the surgery hasn't worked, and don't put yourself under the added stress of thinking about a second surgery before this one has had a chance to heal. Keep working on your diet to get better consistency out of your bowel movements to prevent further irritation and try to find something relaxing to help you...listening to music, reading, watching movies, anything that helps you calm your mind during your healing process.

Please keep us posted. We're still cheering you on for a full recovery from this one (and only) surgery!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Hatetopoop » 14 Jan 2014, 16:27

Thanks jr2 for you encouraging words! I really needed that today....You are right. I have to watch my diet and I have to lay off the percusett. Even if it's just one, it constipates me too much. I took two advil instead and it took the edge off the pain. I am going to continue with the fiber pill 2x twice per day, stool softeners 2x per day, and lots of soft foods. I truly hope this is the last surgery and I can move on with my life. Thanks again for your kind words.
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby fissuresufferer » 05 Oct 2014, 04:41

I'm a 34 . year old male and have been suffering from chronic anal fissures for 3 years I've also been suffering at the same time with constipation for the last 7 years. Because the Constipation has not gotten better although I've tried different fiber diets and different lifestyle changes And well different medications yet nothing seems to help with the constipation. By the way, constipation all started from taking Vicodin years ago after stopping the vicadin after about a year of taking it I never been able to be relieved of the constipation ever since then and now it's been about 7 years. I I've seen 100 drs for this issue I am at my wits end I'm thinking that I made need Sphincterotomy surgery but would like to know more information on people who have had the surgery I am little afraid that I may get worse after the surgery because I always have To :groan: use my finger to defecate. Having to digitally disimpact everytime I go to the bathroom seems to be making the fissures worse constantly in pain every day now and can hardly walk is very miserable and even sometimes thinking suicide.colorectal surgeon recently and he mentioned that I may I have a problem with the pelvic floor which I believe may be true. I'm so blue in fact every time I poo i get the feeling that there's still more stuck inside even if the beginning seems to come out pretty well and there is a lot of poo after that I feel that there's a lot left inside. The place where the seems to be stuck this is usually in the pelvic floor area. Every time reach into that area with my finger to physically pull it out using a scooping motion with my finger. Yet every time I do this seem to be fishers and it's very painful and it causes a lot of bleeding. Help someone out there can help me I don't really trust the colorectal doctor that I'm seeing right I'm wondering if there's anyone who can refer me to a colorectal surgeon is really good and maybe in the Southern California area.
fissuresufferer

Postby Bhill » 24 Aug 2015, 10:06

fissuresufferer wrote:I'm a 34 . year old male and have been suffering from chronic anal fissures for 3 years I've also been suffering at the same time with constipation for the last 7 years. Because the Constipation has not gotten better although I've tried different fiber diets and different lifestyle changes And well different medications yet nothing seems to help with the constipation. By the way, constipation all started from taking Vicodin years ago after stopping the vicadin after about a year of taking it I never been able to be relieved of the constipation ever since then and now it's been about 7 years. I I've seen 100 drs for this issue I am at my wits end I'm thinking that I made need Sphincterotomy surgery but would like to know more information on people who have had the surgery I am little afraid that I may get worse after the surgery because I always have To :groan: use my finger to defecate. Having to digitally disimpact everytime I go to the bathroom seems to be making the fissures worse constantly in pain every day now and can hardly walk is very miserable and even sometimes thinking suicide.colorectal surgeon recently and he mentioned that I may I have a problem with the pelvic floor which I believe may be true. I'm so blue in fact every time I poo i get the feeling that there's still more stuck inside even if the beginning seems to come out pretty well and there is a lot of poo after that I feel that there's a lot left inside. The place where the seems to be stuck this is usually in the pelvic floor area. Every time reach into that area with my finger to physically pull it out using a scooping motion with my finger. Yet every time I do this seem to be fishers and it's very painful and it causes a lot of bleeding. Help someone out there can help me I don't really trust the colorectal doctor that I'm seeing right I'm wondering if there's anyone who can refer me to a colorectal surgeon is really good and maybe in the Southern California area.
I am so glad I read this...I have the same issues...I have to help myself go :( I had the surgery last Tuesday and on Friday was able to go without any help...granted it wasn't much. Now I am pooping what seems like mud and because the surgery I am too scared to help my self go because things hurt down there and I don't want to rip anythingm so far the surgery has been a great relief for me but now sure if i will be able to poo normally ever. Although I hate knowing others are going through this I am glad I am not the only one who has trouble pooping just by pushing
Bhill
Salt Bather

Topics: 7