1 year after LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 1 year after LIS

Postby msimon » 24 Aug 2015, 23:21

This is so true. I was thinking of this too. I had a lot of pain when recovering from my surgery that was due to skin rash/irritation from the wound oozing. Very difficult to deal with. I can't imagine having that the rest of my life. That is why it is so important to have an experienced surgeon doing your LIS.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby salamon555 » 24 Aug 2015, 23:43

You are right,I understand that this can occur,but right now I have NO life at all.I haven't worked in 4 months.The last time I was out of the house was 3 weeks ago.I am afraid to eat too much-I stay hungry all of the time,because of the fear of-what goes in,most come out.Sometimes we have to make sacrifices,for things we want.I can't travel or enjoy my life at all.I am praying that I am one of of those people that the incontinence doesn't happen too. As for acidic BM'S ,well I am experiencing them right now as I type this.It hurts like the dickens!I am willing to put up with the possibility of these things for the opportunity to get my life back once again.Right now I don't have one.

OMB,I have been reading your 36 pages and have seen what you have been going through,throughout the years.In your suffering,you have unselfishly `helped many ,many people through your heartfelt words.I want to thank you for this,as you have helped me!
I called my CRS today and we made an appt. on this coming Thursday to plan my last option LIS .
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby owmybum » 25 Aug 2015, 08:10

Thankyou salamon555 ... That's very kind of you to say xx

I completely understand where you're coming from, who in their right mind would want to live in pain given the choice. Of course you should go for LIS...... But make sure it is absolutely the right thing for you. Good luck at your appointment

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?