hi..i'm new and need some opinions! PLEASE HELP

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

hi..i'm new and need some opinions! PLEASE HELP

Postby Guest » 24 Feb 2008, 22:29

ok..gonna try to be as descriptive as possible...im 30yrs old, female
at the top of my butt crack...in it..where it starts...i get a small tear..rip...cut...i get it about once a month and i put neosporin on it and it goes away
i know its there when the skin stretches like on the bowl or if im in the shower ill feel a sting and know its back
im so nervous its an std like herpes...but it looks/sounds nothing like it and BUT ive been reading that fissures are very painful..unless im putting the medicine on it or taking a shower..it doesnt hurt when its there..the area itches slightly a day or 2 before and i know its coming..
sound familiar at all?
i dont have insurance right now and i know youre gonna tell me to go to the doctor but i honestly cant right now...
it does go away in about a day...never blisters, pusses and ive never seen any blood..i did have one closer to the hole of the butt a few months ago but it never came back in that spot...same with one about a year ago closer to the other hole..that is why im freaking out but there has never been anything else in that direct area...
its reoccurring (about once monthly)
its like a tiny paper cut..best way to describe it...and when i dab the neosporin on it it stings..not the most pleasant feeling but not the worst either
does this sound like a fissure?
oh and i am prone to hemrroids and passed some VERY hard stools..changed my diet but it hasnt gone away
i guess the best question to ask is:]
could a fissure appear in one spot...and another...and is it normal to get them once a month....does anyone have this problem with similar symptoms..could a hard stool affect more than one area of the crack of the butt?
sorry for long pocs but im trying to be as descriptive as possible

Re: hi..i'm new and need some opinions! PLEASE HELP

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Feb 2008, 00:45

Hi there !!!
Well, it sounds to me like superficial fissure Image , tiny cut that does not produce a lot of pain. Those fissures , as far as I know, do appear and disappear on different places. My lawyer (yes you did read well) has those !
I talk about my problems openly to everybody Image , so I discovered a lot of personal things about other people too-it is very special bond that connects all of us butt-suffering people - true brotherhood/ sisterhood Image.
Of course, you should see a doctor for true diagnosis, but I understand that you are not in position right now. So, I hope I am right and that nothing serious is going on.
Best of luck Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 25 Feb 2008, 09:19

Yes, those sound like small fissures that are prett superficial. It doesn't sound like an STD at all.

I would really work to make your stools soft by reading up here as to what we all do to keep things from scratching too much on the way out. Fiber is important as well as water. I have a big bowl of All Bran Buds cereal every day and that helps. Also adding some fish oil or flax seed oil in your diet, either in liquid or capsule will help to keep things slippery.

If you can take some warm/hottish baths that will help to bring heat to the area, relax the spincter so that you can heal.

Take a look at your diet and see if there is anything that could be resulting in hard stools. Nuts and seeds, chips, popcorn, all of those can cause some irritation coming out.

Feel free to read up on the threads here. I know it is hard to sort out what might be relevant for you but you will learn a lot!!!

Welcome to the board!!! Image

Postby juney » 25 Feb 2008, 10:32

because you say it's at the "top of your butt crack" i'm not sure if it's a fissure. as far as i know, and from my own experience, fissures are in the actual anus. some of them can be viewed by spreading apart the cheeks, but still you need to look at the actual anus (the hole, to put it crudly). the fact that it's at the top of your crack makes me think it's something else, maybe skin related.

if you really can't make it to a dr, try looking up some pictures on the internet to see if you find anything similar to what you're experiencing. in the meantime, adding some of the supplements lecia mentioned can't hurt your diet at all and will probably help your hemmorhoid problem.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 25 Feb 2008, 11:24

I'm sorry, I misunderstood, I thought the cuts were in the anal tissue not the skin. I don't really know what that could be then. There are sliding scale clinics that you might want to look into. Some place like Planned Parenthood or a community health center or an urgent care center, could at least take a look and offer some advice as to what you might be dealing with.

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Feb 2008, 15:23

I don't know, I also was sure that I read it was close to the anus ???
Maybe I should stop reading posts around midnight ?!?!!!
It looks like whenever somebody mentions "crack" I assume "fissure" - guilty by association LOL !!!! Anyway, some fissures do appear outside of the anus - I mean on the anus but out of it - can be seen in plane view on the skin of the anus outside - oh my gosh , I don't know how to describe it so there would not be any misunderstanding ... OK - can look as a cut on top of the anus - there ! ; )
I saw pictures of those on the net and was also surprised that they are considered real "fissures". But why not - they must hurt evenly bad during BM , like when somebody would cut off skin tag !
But, in this case, if cuts are far away from anus - than it should be skin related disorder, as Juney said ! Try to keep the area as dry as possible. Use some baby powder or such, and see what happens. It might help - just a thought ...
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby buttgirl » 25 Feb 2008, 16:40

There is a disorder where right beneath the tailbone cuts and abscesses occur. They are called Pilonidal abscesses or pilonidal cysts. If the actual cuts are not in the anus, this sounds more like what you might have. They are congenital and not usually related to STD. I'd go to planned parenthood anyway. They may be able to help you and they work off donations.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Feb 2008, 16:48

OH !!! THOSE are nasty, as far as I know ! They can be horrendously painful though and I am not sure if they "change places". They are usually on the place where our ancestors had a tail - at least that was what I read once ...
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 27 Feb 2008, 15:46

thank you all so much for your replies...wow this forum is awesome..i checked today thinking i wouldnt see any responses and there were sooo many....
so planned parenthood?...that is comewhere i could go?

Postby Guest » 27 Feb 2008, 17:55

Yeah, I'd go there. I have always been very pleased at how they treated me and they do have a sliding scale that calculates how much of the visit you have to cover based on your income. Plus there services are much cheaper than going to a doctor.