Just healed fissure and stomach bug

Help!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Just healed fissure and stomach bug

Postby felix » 16 Sep 2015, 14:20

I have just healed my fissure totally to the point where it is no longer painful and I use no creams or anything. Today I have developed a tummy bug and am having diarrhoea...I am terrified it will cause damage or the resulting inability to eat fruit/stick to my regime will cause trouble. Help and advice as to whether I should not eat or try and stick with my normal diet would be appreciated...does anyone have any experience of this and what did you do???
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: Just healed fissure and stomach bug

Postby Canadabum » 16 Sep 2015, 15:52

felix -- congrats on the healed fissure...that is awesome.

couple questions...was it a chronic or acute fissure, how long did you have it and did you go through many months of pain...i ask only to get a sense of what sort of fissure you had.

if it were me...i would stick to tea (black or herbal), brown rice (fibre as well as the good stuff in rice that helps with diarrhoea), quinoa (easy on stomach and good source of protein) and perhaps some sort of miso soup (miso soup contains good probiotics that will help balance your gut flora that may be out of balance due to diarrhoea and the bug). I would also consider other probiotic food like kombucha (fermented tea). I would eat lightly for a couple days until the bug has passed...but drink a good amount of water, tea, juices.

I am no doctor....but that is what i would do.

have you written about your healing process...i am very interested to hear how long it took you to have no pain...do you have any sensitivity or awareness at all? do you use a stool softener at all?....inquiring minds want to know!

best of luck with getting rid of the bug,
Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby felix » 16 Sep 2015, 16:46

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Great advice that I prob knew but panicked! It was a chronic fissure brought on by a really nasty bout of norovirus last Xmas. It developed in jan, treated with gtn in March at which point it started to get better but had a relapse at end of April (although not as bad as the first year) and then gradually healed through May and June before I got sick of it and started anoheal. This is what finally made a massive difference and since then things have been almost normal, a few days of pain/irritation here and there but nothing to write home about really.
I use flaxseed oil and magnesium and just eat a good diet with lots of fruitlet/veg.
How are you doing?
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Canadabum » 17 Sep 2015, 21:43

Thanks for asking...doing pretty good. Apparently the fissure is healed (I updated my thread "6 months...what to do") but I still am treating myself with kid gloves because I feel somewhat sensitive and aware. It's been quite a long road for us...here's to greener pastures!
Canadabun
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby hayleyw » 18 Sep 2015, 11:16

It's total nightmare when things like this happen. After a heavy night of drinking a few weeks ago I gave myself chronic diarrhoea the next day. It really aggrevated my fissure. There's nothing you can really do but ride it out.
I used lots of vaseline and took about 3 hot baths that day. It did set me back but after a week things went back to normal. Well what's normal for me :roll:

A stomach bug is more important than losing a few days of fissure maintainence. Forcing yourself to keep to your diet will only make you feel sicker. I take it you're over the worst of it now.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby felix » 18 Sep 2015, 13:08

I am feeling better, luckily was just a mild bug and ironically the fissure is really happy!! Have been taking psyllium and eating brown rice etc..so will hopefully avoid the big poo after a few days....glad to hear you are better canadabum, long may it continue!
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist