Is this normal to have 3 weeks after a fistulotomy?

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Is this normal to have 3 weeks after a fistulotomy?

Postby jkbpttrsn » 18 Sep 2015, 16:47

So i had a fistulotomy about 3 weeks ago. It has been pretty difficult but the pain had decreased a considerable amount in the last week or so (Thank god). Only thing that i'm worried about is the fact that i'm having issues controlling gas and after i go defecate i tend to have a little bit of fecal leakage that comes out for 15 minutes or so. I'm not sure it's actually feces, or the feces is mixed with discharge and that's why it's coming out. Idk. But i was wondering if this is normal and if it's just a temporary issue. I just recently talked to a nurse about it and idk, she just didn't seem very confident which made me worry a bit. Thanks!
jkbpttrsn

Topics: 1

Re: Is this normal to have 3 weeks after a fistulotomy?

Postby msimon » 19 Sep 2015, 02:55

Did you have a simple fistulotomy? Have you had a sphincterotomy? Did your Doctor mention if they had to cut through some of your sphincter?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64