How to heal Scar Tissue from AF

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How to heal Scar Tissue from AF

Postby jamesb61 » 24 Sep 2015, 07:03

Hello, my name is James and new to this forum. Been reading a lot of good information on here. Here is my problem. I was diagnosed with a anal fissure about 2 years ago. I was treated with nitro cream and miralax. The AF did heal after several months, so I decided to wean myself off of miralax since the doctor said the AF looked fine. However every time I tried this I would start to get that same feeling of re-injuring my AF during BM's. Doctor reassured me that using miralax long term was fine and that AF healing can take a very long time to completely heal. Just recently I had a bout of Prostatitis which I was referred to a Urologist. During a rectal exam to examine my Prostate, the doctor noted that my rectum was restricted due to scar tissue from the AF. He recommended either to continue the miralax regime or see a surgeon. I don't really want to go the surgical route and just wondering if anyone of this board has had any success with any non-surgical procedures?
Thanks,
James
jamesb61

Topics: 1

Re: How to heal Scar Tissue from AF

Postby Canadabum » 24 Sep 2015, 11:58

james...welcome to the forum. So glad you found it and also glad that you are joining the discussion.

I have experienced much of what you mention...my AF is supposedly healed but when I cut down (to a quarter dose) of miralax i get more discomfort and as of the other day i actually had a small amount of blood. From what I have read it seems that scar tissue takes a long time (upwards of a year according to some posts) to heal fully where it is strong and durable.

As for removing scar tissue -- I am no expert but here are my thoughts. If the miralax routine is ok by you and is working...why opt for surgery at all? I have not come across non-surgical methods of dealing with scar tissue...but will be very interested to hear if anyone else has.

Again, welcome aboard.
Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby jamesb61 » 24 Sep 2015, 13:08

Thanks Canadabum! I'm not totally against miralax, however I believe I am merely just masking the problem rather than healing it. Would rather fine a cure than just treating a problem. Has anyone had any dealings with Jini Patel Thompson "Listen To Your Gut" http://blog.listentoyourgut.com/dmso-pr ... trictures/
Just wondering if anyone has had any success with her advice and products?
Thanks,
James
jamesb61

Postby Canadabum » 25 Sep 2015, 15:12

james...i just read a post by msimon in fissurefrutration's diary...she mentioned that some method of physiotherapy is helpful to deal with scar tissue by softening and making it more pliable....perhaps msimon is the person to ask...
Canadabum

Postby jamesb61 » 26 Sep 2015, 06:53

Thanks Canadabum. Will check it out.
jamesb61

Postby Hafzaal » 02 Oct 2015, 20:03

Just thought I'd say that I had success with Jini's FissureHeal suppositories.
Hafzaal
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Savaici » 03 Oct 2015, 06:34

I see your doctor recommended either surgery (more scar tissue in removing scar tissue) or staying on Miralax. I know what I would choose and it's not surgery. I had success with dilation, and now I make sure I've just the right amount of fibre in my meals, drink plenty of water and generally stick to a routine so that stenosis does not set in. I also take Milk of Magnesia, a small dose each evening.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby owmybum » 03 Oct 2015, 11:43

I would love to know how to reduce the scar tissue. Mine gets inflamed regularly and I feel like I've torn again... But haven't.

I have seen jinis site, and the thought of using DMSO on such a sensitive area scares me alot!!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Canadabum » 03 Oct 2015, 16:40

Ow...what is DMSO?
Canadabum