Success Then A Setback...

Success Stories

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Success Then A Setback...

Postby skoonix » 29 Sep 2015, 15:54

I had a rather short period of success - came down with first fissure in mid-June (SO painful) saw the Dr. got the RX ointment, did all the right things, slowly it healed and when I saw my doctor again in mid-August - I was completely healed. Such a relief & I was smart and continued to eat right, drink tons of water. I cut back to 1 stool softener a day and was having normal, soft BMs with no pain, no problems. But last week - had a hard stool (at the tip) which caused discomfort but not too painful and there was a tiny bit of blood. But the next day, a TRULY painful BM - again tip was hard but then soft, but so much bright crimson blood and I knew I had a fissure again. And like before the skin tag was now quite LARGE and painful as well (to protect the area where the tear is).Using the RX ointment 3 times a day, sitz baths after the BM, but again - the throbbing & pain was pretty damn constant all day. I'm seeing my doctor in 2 days but it is frustrating after you get to go back to "normal" to then be back to square one.
skoonix
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Success Then A Setback...

Postby Savaici » 30 Sep 2015, 06:18

Hope it gets back to normal healing soon! Let us know after you've seen your doctor. Have you tried using Miralax to keep your BMs soft?
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222