do skin tags cause a lot of pain

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

do skin tags cause a lot of pain

Postby Deleted User 4536 » 08 Sep 2015, 22:25

my doctor thinks my main problem is my skin tags and not the fissure.
but i don't think so, because i get sharp shooting pains from the same area where the fissure is.
Deleted User 4536

Re: do skin tags cause a lot of pain

Postby Sufferingbadly » 09 Sep 2015, 00:06

Some people on here do say their pains and discomfort are coming from their skin tags. I have 2 skin tags but I had them prior to my fissures. I don't believe I have one from my fissure, but I will say, when I originally had my first fissure...my skin tag was hurting So badly that I couldn't walk unless I spread my cheeks apart..lol..I do believe though that it was just a massive amount of fissure pain that irritated the skin tag. Once that particular fissure started to "heal", my skin tag has not hurt since. I have other fissure though and it's in a different spot. Skin tag is fine.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Fissurefrustration » 09 Sep 2015, 03:44

the bum is a weird place with thousands of nerve endings. sometimes nerves can send dodgy signals to the brain to say theres pain from one side but infact it can be coming from the other. it's very difficult to tell! thats why when some surgeons tell someone they've 'healed' that means the skin has healed over the wound, however the nerves are yet to repair which can send pain signals everywhere.
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby anniebee » 04 Oct 2015, 21:03

My skin tags (two) are extremely painful. Took me awhile to figure out that is my biggest problem right now. Have tried everything to get them to ease up. Doctor had me on proctosone ointment as she called them hems and it made them worse. Lately, having sitz bath with epson salt 6 times a day has helped.
anniebee
Salt Bather

Topics: 11