4 weeks post LIS

4 weeks post LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

4 weeks post LIS

Postby riseup » 13 Oct 2015, 10:18

Hello everyone,

This forum has helped my a lot the last few months so much helpful information. Here is my story
I had a LIS surgery about to be 4 weeks tomorrow after almost 2 years of having a fissure. Everything is going great but I am not yet healed I can see a little redness around where my fissure was but its getting better. I also feel like a hard spot on the right side of my anus that just showed up couple of weeks ago and was a little sore, what could this be? its getting better now maybe because I started back up on doing sitz bath, I had stopped doing them cuz I felt better.

I also have been reading about anal dilation and its something I want to try. How long after LIS should you start doing anal dilation? and where can I get the kit any links to an online place?

thanks so much,
would love hear from you all.
riseup

Topics: 1

Re: 4 weeks post LIS

Postby SakPase » 13 Oct 2015, 18:30

I am 8 weeks post-LIS.

I was tender following a BM, as well as to the touch in what seems to be like what you mentioned, on the muscular side.

My doctor had me doing "stretching" as he calls it. It is simply using a finger (with a latex glove) and sliding in, and then stretching the muscle. I began that 2.5 weeks post-LIS.

Hang in there, get better. Do what your doctor says.
SakPase
Salt Bather

Topics: 2