Fissure

new and help needed

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fissure

Postby Shania213 » 21 Oct 2015, 10:30

I don't know where to start

I had severe pain last week-saw blood and went to the doc. Short story- Im home from work as every time I pass a stool the pain is off the scale..

I am trying to insert coconut oil and cream the doc gave me with difficulty-everything seems so tight, Ive heard exercise helps- is this true?

Shania
Shania213
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: Fissure

Postby Savaici » 21 Oct 2015, 12:17

:wel: Hi Shania,

Don't insert the cream (extra pain that you don't need) as it goes straight to the bloodstream rubbing on the outside. Use a Sitz Bath before going to the loo. What cream did your doctor give you? Make sure you are drinking enough water and not overdoing the fibre!

Glad you found us!! :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Shania213 » 22 Oct 2015, 05:51

Thanks for this

The cream is rectogesic. I just went back to the doc because despite stool softner and the cream I couldn't go to the loo to do a BM. She gave me a suppository which worked in 15mins.

Now Im back in the world of pain. There was blood loss.

Am I doing things right?
Shania213
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 22 Oct 2015, 10:38

Blood 'loss' means that blood is coming to the area, which is a good thing. I cannot remember what you have been prescribed (try to stay on one thread) but it takes time. Use a Sitz Bath (with plain water) don't ovedo the fibre, drink enough water and hang in there!! :sunny:
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Shania213 » 27 Oct 2015, 19:56

I think its time I started logging my progress here as its started to get me down.

Its been one week since I received cream from the doctor. I have been using small amounts on and off and the stool softner on and off.

I have been using coconut oil and sitz plus carefully cleaning with cotton wool.

The last two days when Ive taken more of the stool softner the stool is mushy but there was no blood.

Today I didn't have the stool softner thinking I wouldn't pass anything today and I did. Surprisingly it was easy to pass and not the usual drama. Also it was better formed compared to when I use the stool softner. However disappointingly although it didn't hurt it bled (Not as much as previous but enough to make me feel low). There is a 3/10 pain which has gone on for a few hours.

Im now wondering- I went for some physio on my pelvic floor and although it made me feel loosened up and really great Im wondering now if it was the best thing to do as I felt a few twinges after so am wondering if I retore something or even a second tear- is this possible?

Is this normal?

Improvements- 1/ Stool is more regular ie not bunged up for 4 days and have to take a laxative in the end.
2/ Stool is better formed and was not so difficult to pass without a stool softner. 3/ This must mean that the spinchter muscle is not in its usual spasm because the stool came out easier and didn't feel like a golf ball :energetic: . (NB: My mensuration period ends today-not sure if this is linked even though I don't have periods due to low oestrogen so is this why it was better?)

Disappointments :cry:

-1/ It bled today- does this mean Im not healing/back to square one? with a 3/10 pain so feeling low
Any advise would be appreciated
Shania213
Salt Bather

Postby Shania213 » 28 Oct 2015, 12:02

Ive had some thoughts today.

My options are this

wait it out

Try to take some estrogen from the doctor.

Will see what tomorrow brings
Shania213
Salt Bather

Postby Shania213 » 29 Oct 2015, 14:53

stool was smooth today with no blood but was rather large-what can make it smaller? Just read it could be the stool softner

Also feeling a little more positive today and learning to live with my new condition
Shania213
Salt Bather

Postby PainedSA » 07 Nov 2015, 11:56

Hi shania. Sounds like you aren't having much fun right now.
If you use the search function and search for oestrogen (and other spelling variants) you should find some threads on links between oestrogen and anal fissures. I was going to try to get oestrogen cream from my dr at one point but I never did. I hope this helps.

I'd also recommend getting acquainted with the two types of fibre and how they work. A lot of doctors don't bother to explain and they just tell AF sufferers to up fibre and a lot of the time this can actually make it worse. You need to have a balance of insoluble and soluble fibre that works for you and it can take a while to figure it out. If you are having too much of insoluble fibre it could be what's bulking out your BM so that could be something to consider xx
PainedSA
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Savaici » 07 Nov 2015, 14:11

:goodnews:

If you search on the group, use the Search that you'll find above (between FAQ and Portal), just under the information about the forum. There you can search by Topic, and other ways, which makes finding posts much easier. Ignore the search on the right as it is not as thorough.  
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Shania213 » 07 Nov 2015, 14:53

Thankyou for this- I think I need to look up the fibre thing as my stools are soft but too big.

Thanks again
Shania213
Salt Bather